2016 4250

We had a 36' bumper pull travel trailer.

6749591789e64a4b38ad4f41f80e4a58.jpg

The bed in that thing was so close to the wall separating the bedroom and living room and was up tight against the curved from of the trailer. That made sleeping almost impossible for me.

Last week we traded that trailer in on a new 4250. Now we have room to enjoy ourselves while camping.

ec73b69b8a033952b084e5da320e0996.jpg

I do miss the outdoor kitchen on my travel trailer though

1e5181c786f410038882a49c3f8ac3c1.jpg

But I think I can get by with this grill on the side patio

358700ed0a25bdc77b0aeed2457b422f.jpg

Hooking up to the truck is so much easier and less time consuming than that WD hitch. Overall we are very happy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Atvmos

Hello we just picked up our 2017 4100 and I installed the airlift air bag set up with remote air pump and levels out the ride height and makes for a better towing experience. Just my thoughts. Congrats. We have the same color exterior...I have the bourban interior

Hello we just picked up our 2017 4100 and I installed the airlift air bag set up with remote air pump and levels out the ride height and makes for a better towing experience. Just my thoughts. Congrats. We have the same color exterior...I have the bourban interior

Airbags are next.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IronJ

9a49f94e84fa240715c4ceaf433100a9.jpg

Same boat here!!..had a 36' bunkhouse with SHORT queen ...boy we hated that bedroom..couldent even get dressed in there....the full outdoor kitchen was one thing I was sad to lose....but like you, we get by on the side patio...lol

Def get the bags...the ride is much improved

sent from space via an invisible beam from a flying metal dish

avvidclif

How long will it take to wipe that grin off your face about the difference in the way the 5er tows over the BP. I'm going on 6 years and it's still there. I never have had the tail try to wag the dog.

How long will it take to wipe that grin off your face about the difference in the way the 5er tows over the BP. I'm going on 6 years and it's still there. I never have had the tail try to wag the dog.

Does that grin ever go away? Towing is much nicer, but doubling the weight of the trailer is affecting fuel economy. Oh well, it's worth the extra fuel for the extra space and ease of towing and hooking up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

IronJ

Actually once I had my 10k lb bumper pull dialed in just right with the hitch it towed awesome!!...took it through Wyoming cross winds with nary a white knuckle with my srw ...

That said, the 5er is pretty dang sweet...and the 6 point level up makes it RIDICULOUSLY easy to set up....😆

Took a nice gut punch in fuel economy for SURE....with the big tires and tune I get about 6.7 towing 65 if NO wind...with the factory tires I get 8-9...

I knew what I was getting into going in...so I don't complain...

I just slapped a 65gal titan tank to replace Factory 37 and go about my business....

I got all the power,comfort,style,and space anyone could want....fill ups are an afterthought.....kinda...lll

sent from space via an invisible beam from a flying metal dish

jimandjean

Took a nice gut punch in fuel economy for SURE....with the big tires and tune I get about 6.7 towing 65 if NO wind...with the factory tires I get 8-9...

I knew what I was getting into going in...so I don't complain...

I'm hearing this. I went 'TO' Florida with my 9500lb trailer with Golf Cart in the bed. - 11MPG, back from FL I hitched up the new 4200 - bang 8-9MPG, but i wouldn't trade the ride for anything. So comfortable, this is my fourth fiver, but this one mated to this truck, is the most comfortable yet. As an aside, my F-450 came equipped with the exhaust brake, so rolling through some hilly areas of Shenandoah Valley, i shifted into Manual (6th) and turned on the EB. Set the cruise to 67 MPH, up and down every hill, it stayed steady as a rock - no down shifting uphill, no runaways down the hill. I'M IN LOVE - ahhhh.

Gtoli

Does that grin ever go away? Towing is much nicer, but doubling the weight of the trailer is affecting fuel economy. Oh well, it's worth the extra fuel for the extra space and ease of towing and hooking up

I moved up from a 24' TT that weighed in at 7k for my current rig that is twice the weight, but I'm seeing a slight improvement in mileage. My guess is that the 5ver is more aerodynamic over the bed of the truck than the cracker box 3' behind the truck.