LED Ceiling Lights

GoPackGo

I have a 2014 Bighorn 3010RE and the round LED ceiling lights are starting to act a little 'strange'. No two of them are the same brightness. I took down the dimmest one and found that one of the small black resistors (I think) on the back side of the circuit board had overheated enough to basically disintegrate and cause a smoke residue on both the circuit board and the plastic housing.

I have been talking with Heartland tech support and they are sending me replacements (Thank You !). My question is has anyone else had problems like this ? Was there maybe a recall I missed. I full time so they do get used more.

The lights are made by Command Electronics, model #001-58 with 15 small individual LEDS on the board. Have not talked with them yet, but intend to.

sengli

No issue with either of my two fivers from heartland so far. The resistors set the brightness of the LED's thru a current level.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I have a 2014 Bighorn 3010RE and the round LED ceiling lights are starting to act a little 'strange'. No two of them are the same brightness. I took down the dimmest one and found that one of the small black resistors (I think) on the back side of the circuit board had overheated enough to basically disintegrate and cause a smoke residue on both the circuit board and the plastic housing.

I have been talking with Heartland tech support and they are sending me replacements (Thank You !). My question is has anyone else had problems like this ? Was there maybe a recall I missed. I full time so they do get used more.

The lights are made by Command Electronics, model #001-58 with 15 small individual LEDS on the board. Have not talked with them yet, but intend to.

Can you post a picture?

We had one of ours start randomly blinking occasionally. We replaced it since we were out of warranty.

Mine has more LEDs. Replacement found at eTrailer.com.

784cabb3ed8d82e8dea2cd74983a19f3.jpeg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Can you post a picture?

We had one of ours start randomly blinking occasionally. We replaced it since we were out of warranty.

Mine has more LEDs. Replacement found at eTrailer.com.

Erika, is there a noticeable difference in brightness having 18 diodes vs 15?

Peace
Dave

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Dave, I don't know. This was a direct replacement for the light that went wonky on my 2016, so I replaced an 18 with an 18 and it's the same brightness as my other lights. Your lights might be different. Etrailer has a couple different models I think.

GoPackGo

Here's a couple pictures of the one that I removed. LED_Interior_smoke.jpgLED_Inside.jpgLED_1.jpg

I think you can clearly see smoke residue. These have 15 LEDs.

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for a gateway fifth wheel. I have a light that use to work (under the kitchen cabinet) and it no longer does. I tested the wiring and am getting no power. Just got RV back from camping world and they disconnected a wiring due to a short. They have no idea where the wire operated (stupid techs). I attached a 9v battery to the disconnected wire and tested the light wire, but no success. Trying to determine where this light wire goes or comes from. Thanks

RmfcMike

I have a 2009 Heartland NorthTrail. I wanted to replace my interior bulbs with LED. All of them work except for the bulbs in the slide out section (over the table) .
The regular incandescent bulbs work in the slide out (over the table). Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
Mike

danemayer

Hi Mike,

If I'm following, you replaced all the lights with LEDs. The LEDs work everywhere except over the dining table. The old incandescent lights work over the dining table, demonstrating that you have power to the fixture.

A lot of LEDs bulbs have 2 pins. If that's the case, try reversing the position to change the polarity. Some LED bulbs are polarity sensitive.

gslabbert5119

Hi Mike,

If I'm following, you replaced all the lights with LEDs. The LEDs work everywhere except over the dining table. The old incandescent lights work over the dining table, demonstrating that you have power to the fixture.

A lot of LEDs bulbs have 2 pins. If that's the case, try reversing the position to change the polarity. Some LED bulbs are polarity sensitive.

When I replaced my lights with LEDS, I had this exact issue with my slides lights, and reversing the bulbs was the cure in my instance.

RmfcMike

Yes, I've taken them from working fixtures .....several of them & they all work in the camper but just not in the slide outs.

Mike

RmfcMike

Yes, it works with regular bulbs just not LED. I have tried switching the bulbs which I know work in other fixtures in the camper as well as turn the bulbs in case they are different in their polarity

Mike

danemayer

Yes, it works with regular bulbs just not LED. I have tried switching the bulbs which I know work in other fixtures in the camper as well as turn the bulbs in case they are different in their polarity

Mike
Are the pins the same length and form factor on the LEDs as on the incandescent?

Fox

It would appear if the fixture works with regular bulbs AND the bulbs work elsewhere then there is an incompatibility between the two items. My guess is the two are not making a good physical connection. Try cleaning/reforming the contacts.

RmfcMike

It appears the wiring is different. I pulled the wires out of the ceiling & there are more wires in the fixtures that allows the Led lights.