Questions about using this site.

Big-B

Hello,

I have a few questions about using this site.

1. Posting pictures. What is everybody using to host photos? I used to use Photobucket but after
they decided to hold my photos hostage I don't want to use them anymore. Suggestions welcome.

2. New posts: Sometimes I click on new posts and it shows me the threads that I haves started and are active and
other times it doesn't show my threads. Is there something that I'm missing. I'm on a couple of other forums and
they always show the most recent posts/threads.

3. Is there a way to display all of the threads that I have started? when I looked under my name it only showed a month or so of them.

Thanks everybody.

danemayer

Hi Big-B,

You can post pictures directly to the forum using the "Insert Image" button above the edit box area.
insert image.jpg
If you prefer to host them elsewhere, Google Drive is free. Some of us use Smugmug to store photos, but you pay for that.

When you click on What's New, you'll see threads that have changed since your last visit. If you just posted, and no one else has added to that thread, What's New will not show it because it's not new to you, even though it's new to others.

To display your threads, click on your username at top right. Then select the MY ACTIVITY tab. At the bottom of the list, look for MORE ACTIVITY. Clicking on it will get you the next page.

spruce1.

I also am confused. I replied to a post using the reply with a quote and now nothing shows up..can't even find the original post. What did I do incorrectly? Should I have used reply to thread instead?

danemayer

I also am confused. I replied to a post using the reply with a quote and now nothing shows up..can't even find the original post. What did I do incorrectly? Should I have used reply to thread instead?

Is this the post you're talking about? I found it by looking for your ACTIVITY.
To display your threads, click on your username at top right. Then select the MY ACTIVITY tab. At the bottom of the list, look for MORE ACTIVITY.

avvidclif

If you were in "What's New" when you replied your post won't show up, it's not new to you. Strange but that's the way it is.

jbeletti

Clif is right. When you create a new thread or reply post, you know where you did it. And you're still there one you do it.

But, when you click What's New, your new thread or post reply doesn't show up "for you". It does show up for everyone else.

So - a bit odd how it works, but your new post is only new to everyone else.

Big-B

Thanks Dan. That clears some things up for me. This forum is a little different than the others that I'm on. I think the other forums are run by Vp.

I assume that most people take pictures with their phones and post them from a computer. What is the best way to get the pictures from the phone to the computer?

jbeletti

Thanks Dan. That clears some things up for me. This forum is a little different than the others that I'm on. I think the other forums are run by Vp.

I assume that most people take pictures with their phones and post them from a computer. What is the best way to get the pictures from the phone to the computer?

The easiest way to get photos from your phone and into a forum post is to use Tapatalk, a forum reader application.

The easiest way to get photos from your phone to your computer will vary based on several factors.

In my case, I use an Apple iPhone and an Apple MacBook Pro computer and I use Airdrop - a feature built into those operating systems.

If you use an Android based phone, you can use an app on your phone and computer called Air Droid. I used to use that when I had an Android based phone. Works similar to Airdrop.

Some people connect their phone to their computer via a USB cable or via Bluetooth and use functionality built into the PC and phone to make the transfer.

Another method: Email the photos from the phone to yourself and read that email on your PC and download the images.