Fresh Water Overfill 2013 Cyclone 3010

BST

I bought the rig used back in September. I have been using the water capacity gauge on the control panel inside (see photo of lit panel) as an indicator to when the tank is full. On my previous TH the water would spill at the point where I filled my tank as an indicator that the tank was full. On my 3010 there appears to be a vent port on the Anderson 4-way Kantleak valve (see photo of valve) but I have never seen any water spill from it. So today I decided to leave the water hose running until I saw water coming from the vent. That didn't happen, however water eventually starting pouting out on the opposite side of the rig just behind the front steps (see photo of water overflowing). I was unable to see where the water was actually coming from as the underbelly has a cover the length of the living area. My assumption is that the overflow is somewhere near to where the water is pouring out. Question: Is my assumption right? Also, is the hole in the Anderson valve a vent when filling and if so, why isn't water coming out?

Attachments

• Water Overfill.jpg
    Water Overfill.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 26
  • TH Gauge Panel.jpg
    TH Gauge Panel.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 28
  • Water Docking.jpg
    Water Docking.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 24

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

You should have 2 overflow vent pipes coming out both sides of the frame behind the rear axles.
I fill mine all the way up until water comes out both of them. Then shut it off and vent a few minutes then turn it back on for a few more minutes to top off.
You will loose some while traveling.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

LBR

Our CY has 2 overflow hoses straight thru the coroplast on the ODS, and 2 above the coroplast laying along the frame (out of eye sight) on the DS just like yours.

Keep filling slowly until the water flows from the overflows....your fresh tanks are then full.

BST

jesstalkn and LBR so the water I saw pouring out on the door side by the step is the indicator that the tanks are venting and are full? Just wanting to reaffirm and to not worry that I caused damage to one of the tanks. Do you guys have any idea what the port is on the Anderson 4-way valve is? Also, do you guys have water slosh out when traveling?

Thanks for your replies,
Scotty

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

The vent on the Anderson does nothing.
Yes I loose some water out of my vents. I did add some shut off valves on my 2 vents to keep as much water in as possible, to get through a 7 day stay on the coast.
But you have to remember to open them when you get set up.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

LBR

Scotty....not sure about your 2013 CY, but our 2017 CY has 2-50 gallon tanks that has 2 vent hoses on each side....when on a level surface, water will flow from both sides at the same time indicating both tanks are full.

What I was told at our PDI is it is possible the main tank could be filled too quickly and not transfer water to the other tank fast enough to fill it (transfer hose between tanks is small). I imagine this is why Jesstalkn waits a couple minutes, then tops off again. I personally fill tanks slower than most do to make sure it doesn't balloon them and possibly stretch the straps loose... so when one tank is full, so is the other one.

If you don't install ball valves on all vent hoses, yes, some water can seep out on the first few corners or slopes, but I've never had the fresh water tanks "self-siphon" themselves as a few members have reported in the past.

BST

jesstalkn and LBR thank you so much for your input. It’s given me a great deal of comfort knowing there are no issues and what I was seeing was normal. I’ll have to drop the coroplast sometime in the future to get a visual, maybe install some plumbing with valves��. Again, thank you������