New owner and new to RVing

jweikel

Hi All,

I have been a member of the forum for awhile gathering information before we bought an RV. I haven't posted because never having owned an RV I didn't feel I had enough real life RV experience to contribute. We finally purchased the RV. We ordered a 2019 Bighorn 3160EL at the Hershey RV show. It is being stored at the dealer until the spring. I am sure we will have many questions about our Bighorn and RVing in general. Thanks in advance for any help you can give us.

Joe and Teresa

jimtoo

Hi Joe and Teresa,

Welcome to the posting side of the Heartland Owners Forum and to the Family. As you have seen we have lots of info and good folks here, so don't hesitate to ask for help or post a question. We are here to help each other.

Enjoy your new unit.

Jim M

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
Joe and Teresa,

Congratulations on your new Bighorn!! Welcome to the Heartland Family. You do not have to feel like you have to contribute anything to this forum or club. That is what makes this forum so great! You have the wealth of hundreds of years of combined RV experience at your fingertips. Feel free to ask questions anytime. I am here to tell you that this forum has saved so many people by answering their questions and helping them with their RV's.

Rod

Jv75353

Congrats on you new Bighorn! Welcome to the Heartland family, you will find many helpful and knowledgeable people hear, don’t be shy when you have a question. Wishing you safe travels when you can get on the road. Pictures are always welcome.

'Lil Guy'

Congrats on your new BH and welcome to the HL forum and family. Hope to meet you down the road. Enjoy your new rig and don't be a stranger to the site.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Congrats on the new Bighorn. Let the great times begin. Hope to see you down the road. Even a rally or 2.

Enjoy and and safe travels!

Chrisandsama

Congratulations on the new Bighorn, I have learned alota over the last few months reading on this forum, bought my Bighorn Traveler in August and have been on the forum almost daily reading.

BLR

Congratulations

Welcome from wherever our truck parks our trailer for the night.. Quartzsite AZ

Sent from BLR Logistics

sengli

So you said its stored at the dealer till spring. Have you done your PDI yet? If not seeing as you are new to the RV's...be sure to take your time vetting out your rig before you take delivery. There is a lot to learn, and the fact its new still means you need to go thru it and try everything out.

jweikel

So you said its stored at the dealer till spring. Have you done your PDI yet? If not seeing as you are new to the RV's...be sure to take your time vetting out your rig before you take delivery. There is a lot to learn, and the fact its new still means you need to go thru it and try everything out.

We haven't done the PDI yet but we downloaded a PDI check list from some where on the forum. We will use it next month when we go to the dealer to pick it up. The dealer also has about 6-8 full hookup sites and we will be staying in one of them for a day or two to make sure everything works.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
We were all new at one time. Just because we’ve gotten long in the tooth doesn’t mean we’ve learned it all, yet. Don’t hesitate to ask whatever questions you may have.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

NYSUPstater

A late welcome and as others have said, don't be afraid to ask as well had to start green as well. You'll find here too that even seasoned RVers ask questions on many fronts and the topics run the gamut. Biggest thing.......ENJOY !!!!!