Heartland Wilderness front cap LED lights

Corndog

The front cap LEDs on our 2016 2775RB have been decaying for some time and I haven't used them in the past year. No big deal... Unfortunately, the plastic base of the light strips is warping and I'm afraid water can get in behind it thru the hole the wires are run. I have removed both sides and gorilla taped over the wires and the holes as a temp fix. I have sent a note to Heartland asking about factory replacements. I see many options for LEDs on-line however, the factory strips have the power wired to the middle not the end and and the hole and wires are in the middle. Any ideas or suggestions? Hopefully I can get matching replacements.

Attachments

• LEDs.jpeg
    LEDs.jpeg
    330.7 KB · Views: 16
  • cap.jpeg
    cap.jpeg
    206.6 KB · Views: 16
  • side.jpeg
    side.jpeg
    460 KB · Views: 17

Corndog

Got replacement lights from Heartland but not the same as built in 2016. Wires are not in the center so I made rubber gaskets (left over rubber from slide seal replacement) with grooves to allow wires to go to the center and still fit flush on the cap. Glued the gaskets to the back of the lights with contact cement, added silicone on the back. After all was cured, screwed into the original holes. Didn't want to add any more holes in the cap so this worked!
I hope this helps anyone with similar issues! Camp on my Heartland friends....

Attachments

• replacement.jpg
    replacement.jpg
    494.9 KB · Views: 8
  • gasket.jpg
    gasket.jpg
    437.2 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_20230526_213946846.jpg
    IMG_20230526_213946846.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 7
  • lighted.jpg
    lighted.jpg