Intermittent Lippert Level-Up operation

Dan54

Thanks, I was waiting to get the part number but I think I’ll just see what I can find now since my trailer is stored over 2 hours away.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

david-steph2018

Received the diagnosis from M&M Electronics, the company Lippert recommended for repairing our obsoleted control board. They say it is a microprocessor failure & cannot be repaired. Not repairable, not replaceable, not good. Maybe I can use manual mode. Is that feasible for long term use? I’ll try an Internet search, maybe I’ll find one at a salvage yard or on eBay. Are Lippert leveling systems upgradable? Maybe it can be replaced with the most current model. Probably expensive but I need to do something. It is a 2011 Landmark, still almost like new in appearance.

I would look at Bontrager's to see if they have a system:
maybe check out Johnson's as well:

Dan54

Chatted with Lippert, they said my controller board was custom made for Heartland & the board advertised online by several distributors as a replacement for any hydraulic Lippert level up would not work. Did a search for my part number plus the one Lippert gave me as the former part number & came up with nothing. Contacted the supply houses in the above links, one said no, the other will get back to me. I don’t have high hopes. Don’t want used because I think I’ll just wind up with the same problems.
My repair shop is putting together a quote for a system replacement. Can’t wait to get that number!

dudkas

That response from Lippert doesn't give the rest of us much hope should this happen in the future. I know when I had my issues, finding parts was a challenge but I did realize some larger dealers did have lots of older stock. RV One now called Blue Compass RV in Ft Myers FL is one. Camping World was another. If you didn't already, posting the part number may help others here search for the part for you. Good Luck.

Dan54

That response from Lippert doesn't give the rest of us much hope should this happen in the future. I know when I had my issues, finding parts was a challenge but I did realize some larger dealers did have lots of older stock. RV One now called Blue Compass RV in Ft Myers FL is one. Camping World was another. If you didn't already, posting the part number may help others here search for the part for you. Good Luck.

Part number for the level up controller board for my Landmark is 14155-B, Lippert said the former part number is 232200. I left a message with etrailer.com & just received a reply. Their “expert” says “Replacement Control Module for Lippert Ground Control 2.0 Electric Leveling System #LC242623”. Mine is a hydraulic system.

Dan54

Waiting for some other owners with the system to check in, but I thought ALL Lippert Level-UP systems used hydraulic ram lifting posts controlled/powered by electronic/electrical systems. Here is the Lippert Level UP manual from our library:

Not an expert on this but my buddy has a smaller 5th Wheel with an electric/non-hydraulic leveling system. Not sure if it’s a Lippert.

Dan54

Decided not to pursue any of the “works as replacement controller for any Lippert hydraulic level up” after considering what Lippert told me about it being a controller specifically for Heartland. That & the fact that I wanted it back for the July 4th holiday. Need it in place at our Ohio River campground for our son, his wife & nearly 2 year old daughter who are coming to visit.
I had to send photos of the controller, touch pad & jacks to
Lippert so they know what needs to be changed out for a system replacement. I’ll probably change my tune on trying one of those replacement controller boards when I get the price to replace the whole system. Whatever I decide I’m planning on having it done during the winter months. In the meantime the old controller has been reinstalled & still partially operational & if it totally fails Lippert sent me the owners manual with manual instructions. I’m sure I can get by. Probably should try the manual method anyway, It might become my only fallback if I can’t afford the replacement route.

wdk450

here is a pic of mine and its all hydraulic
View attachment 68413
I agree with you that the motive force on the system is hydraulic pressure supplied by a 12 volt DC electric hydraulic pump motor. Unfortunately, you should have sent a picture of the hydraulic pump motor, valves and fluid lines rather than a picture of electric/electronic wires and devices to back up your "all hydraulic" statement.