Solera slide out install on aluminum siding

Starting our third season with our Pioneer BH270. Finally decided to install a Solera slide out topper. For those DIY folks, like myself, with the aluminum siding, were you able to find enough wood above the slide out to install the slide rail into through the aluminum?

taskswap

When you talk about aluminum siding I'm not sure if you mean a specific option related to your model, but we have a Milestone with the typical (these days) "sandwich" wall panels, with a foam core and aluminum skins. You can see metal shavings if you drill holes. This is all foam-core but I installed four Solera toppers from Amazon (yes, we have 4 slides) all on that skin and had no issues at all. They're installed on brackets that you attach to the walls first, so they're easy to hold in place. Each bracket has a ton of screws to share the load and the top rail does, too. If this is the type you have you should be fine. Be sure to drill appropriate pilot holes first, and use a hand-screwdriver to avoid stripping the screws.

1716094660684.png
1716094673252.png

When you talk about aluminum siding I'm not sure if you mean a specific option related to your model, but we have a Milestone with the typical (these days) "sandwich" wall panels, with a foam core and aluminum skins. You can see metal shavings if you drill holes. This is all foam-core but I installed four Solera toppers from Amazon (yes, we have 4 slides) all on that skin and had no issues at all. They're installed on brackets that you attach to the walls first, so they're easy to hold in place. Each bracket has a ton of screws to share the load and the top rail does, too. If this is the type you have you should be fine. Be sure to drill appropriate pilot holes first, and use a hand-screwdriver to avoid stripping the screws.

View attachment 69324
View attachment 69325
Thanks for the response..what I mean is my camper is a stick build construction with aluminum siding..see picture..a different style exterior wall construction from yours

Attachments

• 68168133914__4391CE98-1D4B-48F0-B281-3F5A1C41C0B5.fullsizerender.jpeg
    68168133914__4391CE98-1D4B-48F0-B281-3F5A1C41C0B5.fullsizerender.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 2