Heartland RVs Factory Website

seabee

Air bed

Jim can you tell me where or how to get in touch with Flair air mattress.
Thanks for any help.

seabee

Jim can you tell me how to contact the Heartland wiring department,I need to know where the 120V Hot wire comes from that feeds the Island,both plugs are dead even if someone that has a 2008 3670 Big Horn could check there breakers and tell me what one shuts these plugs off.
I really need to know
Thanks Seabee

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Two things to check, one is to see if there is a GFCI that has tripped causing the two outlets in the island to go dead, second would be to check the wire attached to the outlet to make sure that they are secured properly. If noone weighs in on which circuit breaker to turn off to check you couls always just unplug the entire unit or trip the main breaker before you start you investigation.

good luck,
Mark

Jim can you tell me how to contact the Heartland wiring department,I need to know where the 120V Hot wire comes from that feeds the Island,both plugs are dead even if someone that has a 2008 3670 Big Horn could check there breakers and tell me what one shuts these plugs off.
I really need to know
Thanks Seabee

HOSS

Jim,

When we purchased our BH 3670rl back in January, it didn't have the pillows and shams that matched the comforter that came on the bed. When we asked the dealer where we bought the BH, they said that the pillows and shams were an added option. They said they would check and see if they could find a set for us in the Camel Suede. Here it is mid September and we have not heard another word from the dealer. Should we contact customer service to see about purchasing a set of these pillows and shams? Any help would be great.

HOSS

Paul & Nan

Sorry, but why do you want these. They are a couple hundred bucks for a couple ugly pillows. I know this as they were part of our previous BH and not worth the bother. We ordered our rig and specified not to have these as most dealers include them. You can buy pillows and shams that are much more attractive, and in better colors to suit what you want for decor at any Penneys, Khols, Bed Bath and Beyound, etc, for a lot less money. Get creative, think outside the box, and save a lot of dollars.

jbeletti

Hi Hoss,

If you really want the factory items and have paid for them, then yes, sounds like it may be time to contact Heartland Customer Service directly at 877-262-5992. Have your VIN so they can look for any open orders.

If however, you have not already paid for this option, then strongly consider what Nan suggests below. Go out and get something even nicer and of higher quality and likely not much more cost.

Thanks,

Jim

HOSS

Thanks Jim and Nan for the info, belive we will be shopping around for something better and cheaper. Just love this forum for getting the info you need.

Shadowchek

We have a set of the camel suede pillows and used them the first 2 times out but now they have been relegated to the closet and soon to be removed from the BH I believe. With aproval from the other half of course. We will probably box them up with the matching bed spread in case we ever sell the BH to get a Landmark of course.

Greg

jimtoo

We have a set of the camel suede pillows and used them the first 2 times out but now they have been relegated to the closet and soon to be removed from the BH I believe. With aproval from the other half of course. We will probably box them up with the matching bed spread in case we ever sell the BH to get a Landmark of course.

Greg

That is exactly what we have done...boxed, removed, stored.

Jim M

bargetis2

Getisonwheels
Duotherm Heat Pump and Comfort Control Ctr panel

We purchased our 2006 Landmark Monticello as used. It was only 3 months old when the original owner traded it in for a bus. The dealer couldn't find any of the manuals including the Heartland manual. We didn't know this until the morning we signed title over, but we wrote to Heartland and to the other manufacturers to get or download individual manuals so we got 99% of all the manuals we needed. We were newbys and haven't met too many other Heartland owners. We always used the gas furnace, turning it on from our Control Monitor. We just found a few months ago that we could push a button on the outside of the furnace and convert the hot water heater from gas to electric, but then to put the gas furnace on, we have to go outside and push the button to shut off the hot water heater from electric to switch on the gas furnace.

Now I'm reading my last manual, the dometic control unit, and noticed "heat strip" and "heat pump." We went up to the roof and our two units say Duotherm 15000 heat pump. Well, does this mean we had electric heat all the time from our Duotherms? Don't laugh, we're not dummies, but no one ever mentioned. Are we right and can we have electric heat from the heat pumps? Please reply so we can save some propane expenses.

jbeletti

"If" you truly have the heat pumps feature in your Duotherms, then yes, you can heat with electricity. But just because the thermostat shows Heat Pump, it may not mean you have one (or 2). Test it out. Switch to heat pump and set your temperature.

With regard to your water heater, you "do not" have to turn the outside black rocker switch off in order to run the water heater on propane. There is another switch inside the trailer in the coat closet. It's the one with the lighted red handle. This is the inside switch for the electric water heater element. When the outside switch it on and the inside switch is on, you will be heating with electricity. You need only switch off the inside switch to turn the power to the water heater off. Also, propane and electricity can be used at the same time and safely - when needed for faster recovery. Use only when needed but it can be handy.

Have fun!

Jim

jbeletti

I am no expert on this but here is my simple understanding:

Heat Strip:
There is an electric heating element in the AC. It heats up (coils I think) and the AC blower, blows air across the coils and out into the coach. Works at any exterior temperature.

Heat Pump:
A heat exchanger process extracts warmth from the air and puts blows it out into the coach. Works in outdoor temperatures down to about 40* or a bit lower. This is a magic process to me :)

"They" say Heat Pumps are preferred over heat strips. But each has its Pros and Cons.

delwin46

Heat Pump

The heat pump works just in reverse of the AC. We had one in our Condo and you are right about not working to good below 40 . At 32 it would freeze up and only blow cold air....

I am no expert on this but here is my simple understanding:

Heat Strip:
There is an electric heating element in the AC. It heats up (coils I think) and the AC blower, blows air across the coils and out into the coach. Works at any exterior temperature.

Heat Pump:
A heat exchanger process extracts warmth from the air and puts blows it out into the coach. Works in outdoor temperatures down to about 40* or a bit lower. This is a magic process to me :)

"They" say Heat Pumps are preferred over heat strips. But each has its Pros and Cons.

jpmorgan37

Our heat pump will defrost itself when it ices up and then go back to normal operation. Mine (I have two) continue to work fairly well down to 32*. I usually switch my main unit to furnace at about 34-35*, the bedroom unit gets turned off at or before the temp reaches 30*. My main thermostat shows heat strip, but doesn't have one installed. (I didn't order it when I ordered my RV). We use our heat pumps as our primary source of heat most of the time.

John

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
Our heat pump will defrost itself when it ices up and then go back to normal operation. Mine (I have two) continue to work fairly well down to 32*. I usually switch my main unit to furnace at about 34-35*, the bedroom unit gets turned off at or before the temp reaches 30*. My main thermostat shows heat strip, but doesn't have one installed. (I didn't order it when I ordered my RV). We use our heat pumps as our primary source of heat most of the time.

John

If you are paying for electricity..how o they stack up against the furnace using propane pricewise?