Stackable Washer/Dryer Leaks?

DrJohn

I was wondering if anyone has any problems with their washer/dryer stackable combo leaking? One dealership that we talked to said that they put a 'drip pan' in when they install which got me to wondering if it's a common problem. We're going in to order our Landmark Augusta tomorrow and was wondering if we should ask them to install one as well just to be on the safe side, in order to prevent any rotting from leaks? :eek:

Dragoon

In 10+ years with ours, never had a leak. That being said, you could have one. Wouldn't be a bad idea to get it. However if a hose breaks, would the drip pan catch all the water??? We always use a water regulator and always turn off the water when we leave for a while. Have seen several rigs with water pouring out of them when someone went off and left the water on, don't know what caused the leaks. We now have a stackable, with the BH, hope these hoses are as good as the ones on our previous combo, no drip pan this time, either. DW loves the stackable so much better than the combo, better drying. Hope this helps...

ct0218

Never had a problem--but after the dealer installed it I pulled it out and checked it, just to be sure the connections were tight.

Tom of Ypsi

It would not hurt to put the pan in. I know that on a lot of new construction homes with the laundry on the second floor they usually include the pan.

jbeletti

I had an Ariston by Splendide combo (vented) in my 2005 and had no trouble with the unit with 3 years of use. The factory did connect the lines backwards. Turns out, at least for this model, the water lines are polarized. As in, it matters which end connects to the unit and which end connects to the faucet. During the PDI, we found water leaking into the Drain-A-Way pan under the unit. Was a bear to get the unit out but we got it done right there in the lot and not a lick of trouble thereafter.

On my current coach, a 2009, we have the Ariston by Splendide separates. Here again, no trouble with the units and used them quite a bit in its first season. Already done a number of loads this second season.

You will want that pan under the washer. One thing to check for is the discharge port on one corner. I've noticed on mine that a vinyl hose is connected to it and it looks kinked due to a sharp angle in routing. I never think of fixing it or adding it to my list whenever I have the unit service.

Others on this forum and with other RV brands use another brand of washer and dryer. Some Maytag and some Kenmore (probably the same thing). Unsure of models. Check with kakampers on this forum as I think Kathy has another brand.

I have heard some negatives on the Majestic brand in past years. I don't think we offer that brand and they may be better now than some reviews I read years back.

Best of luck to you.

Jim

jbeletti

It would not hurt to put the pan in. I know that on a lot of new construction homes with the laundry on the second floor they usually include the pan.

Must be standard around here on new construction as I have on under my washer on the first floor. It was installed by the builder as part of the house I guess.

I do have a basement so that may be the reason for the requirement. Still a great idea if you have an area to drain the pan to.

Jim