Fantastic Fan problem

Brenrick

I have a problem getting the Fantastic Fan to come on, made sure the fuse was not blown out by pulling the knob down to manual operation and it worked just fine. Then I pushed the knob up and set the thermostat control to the lowest setting and it still did not come on. The temp outside was around 85 degrees, it should be working and it is not. Is there something I am missing or do you think this is a dealer fix item?

Two Hands

I had a similar problem and searched my Big Horn documents, but there was no owners manual to explain proper operation. I just repeatedly turned it off and on at different temps and in a short time it opened and seemed to work properly. I have had to do this each time I use it, but I have yet to discover why it finally comes on.

Brenrick

I too searched through the documentation and it was no assistance at all...I have tried it on several settings and still nothing. We finally brought it home last Friday and was trying to get familiar with all the new gadgets and gismos this beauty has and this is the only item that has me stumped. I just can't see us getting on the step ladder each time I want it to come on. We are taking the BC on it's first camping trip over the Memorial Day holiday and hope all is well with this new unit. It seems to be a well made coach and I hope this stands true.

Thanks for the information.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
If it works manually, my first thoughts would go to the thermostat. Possibly a loose or disconnected wire. Try removing the t'stat cover and check for that and even try to jumper the wires to see if it works then. Good Luck

Niles

Ray's right about a jumper, we had the same problem, called Fantastic Fan and they sent two new thermostats. They are great people to deal with, I'm not sure why the thermostat is such a problem though. We're having the problem again and I wonder if it is from lack of use.

Brenrick

We are not sure what you mean by "jumper", can you please explain this to these two rookies? We are going to be sending the coach into the dealer for the interior and exterior sealant so I will make sure I have a fix it list along with that. We have only had it for about 1 week and since then it is sitting in indoor storage we have not had a chance to play around with it anymore. We will keep you posted if it works this coming weekend. Yahoo...we finally get to go and use it, can't wait!

jnbhobe

Brenrick; It means to pull off the cover and take a short piece of wire and jump between the two screws to see if the fan will run by bypassing the thermostat.So now please explain to me what you mean by interior and exterior sealant. I hope it isn't what I think it is, because I don't think its worth the $$$money$$$.Good Luck, JON :confused: :confused: :confused:

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Ok.. I have a similar problem. If the thermostat is all the way to the hotest temp. You need to pull it down SLOWLY.. You should hear a click and then wait. Watch the opening for a little noise and usually it will open. If not move it all the way to the right (hottest setting) wait a few seconds and then move it cooler slowly until you hear a click. It is frustrating at times. Play with it slowly and you might get it to work. Sounds silly but it works for me.

BC

jbeletti

While this is not meant to be a fix or direct response to those having fan issues, for those who may be interested in doing upgrades to their fans, Fantastic offer a host of alternate thermostats and controls for their fans. My guess is they can be used with the fans Heartland installs.

Go to this page on their website and download the OEM Catalog and look through it. Then give them a call if anything interests you.

Jim

fhollan

Fantastic Fan Thermostat!

I had a problem with mine last year. I disconnected the the thermostat and touched the wires together and the fan door opened and the fan kicked in. I called the company and they agreed it was the thermostat, and sent me a new one. So far it's working fine.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Cool, Jim. The Hunter thermostat upgrade works so well, I was wondering what could be done with the vent thermostat.

imchud

I have a problem getting the Fantastic Fan to come on, made sure the fuse was not blown out by pulling the knob down to manual operation and it worked just fine. Then I pushed the knob up and set the thermostat control to the lowest setting and it still did not come on. The temp outside was around 85 degrees, it should be working and it is not. Is there something I am missing or do you think this is a dealer fix item?

It is the thermostat, I went through two of them with the dealer. I too had to had to jump mine to make sure the fan did work properly, and it did. So i went to Lowes and purchased a cheap honeywell almost exactly like the one I removed for about $9.00. the only difference was is had a A/C swich which is not hooked up and it works perfect now...