W/D: Stackable or Combo units?

Rockerga

Full-time WANNABE
In the Heartland models is there room for either type and especially from you experienced Rver's out there which are the top models and which one's to stay away from?

grizzlygiant

We had a Splendid combo in our Bighorn. It worked fine but the load capicity was so small and the wash=dry cycle so long that it was not worth the $$, the space, and the weight. We do not miss it at all in our new Sundance.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
We've had Whirlpool stackables for three years now, using them fulltime...would not be without them again. They are great, no problems and they can hold about 3/4 of what a full size set can handle. Actually transfered from our old 5er with no problem.

Stay away from Majestic...many people have had serious problems with this brand.

Some like the combo Splendide to save room, but for my money, I prefer the stackables...actually got both for under $1,000 by doing some shopping and buying each in a different location. If you want the model numbers let me know.:)

P.S. Just noticed your question. Which unit are you looking at? Many of the newer (09" and up) have the capability from stackables, as they've rearranged the bedroom to make this accommodation. I assume you're referring to the 5er's...

Rockerga

Full-time WANNABE
We've had Whirlpool stackables for three years now, using them fulltime...would not be without them again. They are great, no problems and they can hold about 3/4 of what a full size set can handle. Actually transfered from our old 5er with no problem.

Stay away from Majestic...many people have had serious problems with this brand.

Some like the combo Splendide to save room, but for my money, I prefer the stackables...actually got both for under $1,000 by doing some shopping and buying each in a different location. If you want the model numbers let me know.:)

P.S. Just noticed your question. Which unit are you looking at? Many of the newer (09" and up) have the capability from stackables, as they've rearranged the bedroom to make this accommodation. I assume you're referring to the 5er's...
(And yes if the models numbers are not too much trouble......?)

Thank you so much for your assistance: Currently we are looking at the 5ver Eagle Ridge 34QSRL

mountainlovers76

Mississippi Chapter Leaders
We have the Splendide 2100XC combo unit and really like it. Throw the clothes in, turn it on, head out for the day, come back and they are done. The XC has the same capacity as the stackables we looked at but in one unit and lighter.

caissiel

we have been using the 2100 splendide for 5 year and its the best washer we have ever used including the home one, just put the clothes in and pick them up rickled free. We can wash everyday and never leave wet clothes in the washer. If we travel we just push the washer on button or unplug the rig, and at arrival we push the On button again. a none event in our rig is the washing. They rotate at 1200 RPM and the drying time is realy cut down. The unit is so efficiant that rickles are none existent. A lot of Splendide units were 2000 models and they have a much smaller drum. Most high end RV units don't even make deep enough space to install a deeper 2100, I measured my unit before buying and its nice that there is 4" in to spare in the 3500RL BC units.
The splendide washer is the standard for the Europeen appartments and uses very little water, don't get the ventless it takes forever to dry and uses tons of water in the drying cycle. They are only for appartments that have no way to vent. Its even recommended to vent them in Heating Ducting.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
We've got the Splendide combo in our rig and it's vented out the side wall in the nose. With the size of the closet on the 3670's, I'm not sure if the stackables will actually fit, even in the revised 2010. Maybe, I don't know. In ours, it sits sideways, and we lose a little hanging space, but it's not a biggie. As for how it works, it does a decent job on light loads, like undies, socks, and t-shirts if you don't overload it. We've put a full set of king size sheets and pillow cases in it, too, without serious wrinkling. Same for a set of bath towels. If you're sitting at the back of the trailer, you will feel it when the spin cycles start up. It's a nice convenience if your CG has a crummy laundry area (ours has a nice one). The wife wanted it added and is happy with it, so I guess it's a good thing. :)