How to charge house batteries off of truck update

ralphpam

I have checked the truck and power is working on it so it is a trailer problem. It does not look like a charging wire is hooked to the battery. Where could I find out how to find and hook up the charging wire?

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Ralph, trace the positive cable wire from the battery to the converter. The charging is done by the converter. Bob

wdk450

Bob:
Ralph was looking (according to the thread title) for the charging wire from the truck to the trailer battery. That does not involve the AC-DC "Converter".

I found this 5th wheel charging schematic (generic) on the internet. Most people don't have an inverter, though.

http://members.cox.net/bruce.wittmeier/images/RVWiring.jpg

Ralph. I guess I would 1st call Heartland service. This might be a warranty issue. This wire could be connected to any point that is connected to the positive terminal of the battery. The battery, the 2nd battery, the 12 volt buss on the fuse panel.
Just a question: Did you do an electrical continuity check from the battery positive to pin 4 of your trailer umbilical cable to double verify that there is no connection?

Good luck!!

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Bill, you might be right on your point. But it has to charge from the the umbilical cord to somewhere. Also the convertor does charge the battery through the "charge wizard' built into the convertor when connected to shore power. My Horn only has a positive and negitive cable going to it, no extra wires to the positive cable. Mine has all the wiring connected to the wiring block in the front compartment. Maybe his problem is there. Bob