A BOOK of Wal-mart listings

BluegrassMan

2 years ago I saw a book at the Harrisburg RV show. It was a compiled list of the Walmarts and Sam's clubs all across the nation. Once you found the town listed it would tell you the directions to get there.

I missed getting one ($22.00). Does anyone know of this book (stiffpaperback) ? Surely someone has seen one. Thanks

kognito

not the same book, but if you buy a Rand Mcnally road atlas at any Walmart, all Walmart and Sam's are listed in the back of the atlas (plus it tells what features they have and if that location allows boondocking)

My last one cost 5.45

jpmorgan37

Denny;
Another book that is quite helpful if you travel the Interstate Highways is the EXIT AUTHORITY which is available at AAA stores. It list the exit and what is available for big rig parking, including Walmart, Kmart etc as well as Restaurants and Diesel fueling access.

John

The NEXT EXIT is another one that I got from Good Sam but we don't like it as well as the EXIT AUTHORITY.

Last edited:

BluegrassMan

Hey Guy's:
Thanx for the great info, I'll check into them. Around where I live, I see Prevost Bus's and everything else overnighting at Wally World. There aren't any campgrounds close to the Interstate, and the $30-35 would be useful in the ole' gas tank anymore.

pegmikef

I bought the Walmart Atlas on Amazon.com. It lists all the Walmarts and Sams, tells everything each store has (e.g., diesel) and they threw in another book I have found handy. It is a guide to all of the Interstate Rest Areas by mile marker, by state on each interstate. It also lists whats available at the restarea (e.g., a lot of our rest areas in TX have wifi). I think I paid around thirty bucks.

Last edited:

pegmikef

I am not being critical here, just curious. How is it that this thread gets a reply after 5 years?

Hehehe, yeah, I noticed that after I posted it. It was one of those deals where I was reading a fairly new topic and at the bottom were listed several related items (so thought the forum). The Walmart listing one caught my eye so I responded to it not noticing that it was so old because I thought the interstate book that came with the Walmart Atlas was kind of neat. Oh well, maybe it will help some of the newer members like me.

jimtoo

Nothing wrong with replying to an old thread like this... just brings our attention back to maybe get a new edition of the book with new information. I do have one of the older editions and will be getting a new one, not only for the stores, but for the updated (I hope) highway info.

Thanks for reminding me.

Jim M

hoefler

Found the Wal-Mart Atlas at Wal-Mart. Finding more and more Wal-Marts that do not allow over night parking. They are getting serious, in a few I have seen were they have 12" poles with an I-beam across their entrances. I was caught at one, Sullivan Missouri, with no warning and no place to turn around!