Refrigerator fans not working in Bighorn

ralphpam

Our refrigerator is heating up way too much during the day in our 3 week old Bighorn and I have found that the fans are not working. The connections seem ok and the fuse seems to be ok. Any Ideas? New rigs are so much fun.

Tankie

ours are not working as well, I put a 7 in. fan in the back of fridge and run it 24/7. But it still heats up, have read in another post about high humidity causes freezer to frost up. I have noticed that it does and have defrosted it a couple times. It seems to help fridge is now at 44 degrees after defrost yesterday. But it takes time to cool down so we are keeping an eye on it. ours is a RM1350. I think there is more to this problem than fans and humidity but time will tell. Good luck

Forrest Fetherolf

Our refrigerator is heating up way too much during the day in our 3 week old Bighorn and I have found that the fans are not working. The connections seem ok and the fuse seems to be ok. Any Ideas? New rigs are so much fun.

Attached are pictures of fuse, fans, and thermostat. Thermostat is located on the cooling fins (follow red wires) upper left of photo #5. Jumper across the theromstat terminals to bypass it, fans should start if refrig is turned on, fuse is good and wiring is in tact. Normally the fans should start when air temp is about 90 deg.

Forrest

Attachments

• REFRIG_FUSES001.JPG
    REFRIG_FUSES001.JPG
    162.1 KB · Views: 79
  • REFRIG_FUSES002.JPG
    REFRIG_FUSES002.JPG
    160.8 KB · Views: 74
  • REFRIG_FUSES003.JPG
    REFRIG_FUSES003.JPG
    163.1 KB · Views: 74
  • REFRIG_FUSES004.JPG
    REFRIG_FUSES004.JPG
    162.5 KB · Views: 77
  • REFRIG_FUSES005.JPG
    REFRIG_FUSES005.JPG
    160.4 KB · Views: 85
  • REFRIG_FUSES006.JPG
    REFRIG_FUSES006.JPG
    164.2 KB · Views: 77

RVerFulltime

Fulltiming Since 2004

What size do you have?
What is the temperature display showing?
What is the outside temperature?

Retyred

Fans

I had my Grand Canyon two years and could not figure why my fans would not work in hot weather. I had looked at the fuses and all looked OK. Finally I took a closer look at the two in line fuses 1A and 3A. I found that the 1A fuse was blown, it looked OK. I replaced it with another 1A fuse and that one blew. I then replaced it with a 3A and the fans have worked with out problems since. I do not know if you need air temperature of 90* or the cooling grid thermostat is set for 90*.

Retyred