Trouble Oven Control Panel on Apollo Half-Time Oven

tmjrn92

We have used our new camper one time. When we got to the campground I set the clock on the oven. I noticed later that the clock was out and thought it may just be a powersave picture.

We poppped popcorn and it worked well, however the next AM I attempted to cook biscuits. I could not get the control panel lights to come on. I read the book and read the book and read the book again. I kept hitting the reset button and pushing the buttons on the oven. Nothing. It would turn on and beep but I could not tell what I was doing. At some point the light came on and the 1/2 time cooked our biscuits perfectly. However, the next AM we had the same problem. I got the oven to work just by pushing the buttons (the timer was set wrong at first - so I had to try again).

Am I doing something wrong or is there an issue with the oven that needs to be addressed? If it is user error, please advise!

Thanks

Goldenwingers

goldenwingers
The only thing I can think of to try is to unplug the oven from the power and plug it back in . Kind of like rebooting a computer. Try it and see, just might straighten it out.

M

Mcreech

There is some kind of problem.....It should not be doing this.....Please call Service 877-262-8032.....They will help you get this corrected....

Thanks

csalmons

Try This

We have used our new camper one time. When we got to the campground I set the clock on the oven. I noticed later that the clock was out and thought it may just be a powersave picture.

We poppped popcorn and it worked well, however the next AM I attempted to cook biscuits. I could not get the control panel lights to come on. I read the book and read the book and read the book again. I kept hitting the reset button and pushing the buttons on the oven. Nothing. It would turn on and beep but I could not tell what I was doing. At some point the light came on and the 1/2 time cooked our biscuits perfectly. However, the next AM we had the same problem. I got the oven to work just by pushing the buttons (the timer was set wrong at first - so I had to try again).

Am I doing something wrong or is there an issue with the oven that needs to be addressed? If it is user error, please advise!

Thanks

Sorry to hear you are having problems with your oven. My first question to you would be which model of oven do you have? If you have the combo unit, which has the 1/2 time convection on the bottom and the 3 range gas burners on the top please check the harnesses that connect the ovens together. To do this you might have to remove the face trim that goes around the front of the unit. There should be a harness coming from the bottom of the cooktop and plugging in to the top of the microwave part. Sometimes during installation if the harness isn't plugged in to the top of the microwave all the way, this type of thing can happen, but it is easily checked. You will need a pair of needle nosed pliers to slide on either side of the harness on the top of the microwave (if you don't use the pliers, when you push down on the top of the plug to make sure it is connected you might push the whole thing into the top of the microwave). Sometimes it looks connected but when you give it a little push you can hear a little click. If you have any problems or just want to run through with us before you attempt just give us a call at 800-772-7262 and ask for Tammi. We will be happy to help you out. If this doesn't solve your problem or you have a different Apollo model call us as well so we can get you all taken care of.

hinnen

we have a big horn 5th wheel camper and it has the apollo 1/2 time, convection, microwave oven. this past weekend we were camping and i went to use the microwave and it would run, but it wouldn't get hot. it took 3 minutes to get a small cup of water luke warm. it's like it is not getting full power. i read the manual and tried to reset it to full power, but i can't seem to get this done. does anyone have any ideas? we experienced power outages in the state park that we were staying in that weekend and i suspect that this would have something to do with it. we unplugged the unit and plugged it back in, but this didn't help. any ideas???