Furnace trouble 2009 Sundance 5th Wheel 2998 RB

Smoky

I'm having trouble starting my furnace. I turn on the furnace, the fan is blowing however it won't ignite, it only blows cold air. I've tried re-setting the button, turning the furnace on and off, checked for obstruction in venting, tried turning the propane tanks open slowly, batteries are fully charged.

I appreicate any suggestions you may have to offer. Thanks

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Smoky, I don't intend to be a wise guy, but we need to cover all the bases. Are you sure that you have full propane tanks? When you say "I turn on the furnace", do you mean you turned the thermostat up to about 80? When you turn it down to about 40, does the fan turn off? There could be something wired wrong at the tstat. Try lighting your stove burners, to purge air out of the lines. If you can not light your stove, you may have a bad regulator or no LP. Just some thoughts.
Peace
Dave

Del600

Iowa Chapter Founding Father
I too think it sounds like an LP issue, you make a comment about the batteries being charged..... that is not going to fuel the furnace.

dmille3

Last month my heater didn't work I tried everything I new but couldn't get it to work, it would turn on run for a few minutes then turn off, had propane but put a full tank on anyway nothing worked had to call for service( almost killed me to do that) they came out and found a bad limit switch they replaced it and everything was fine I have a 09 bighorn 3600rl it was covered by warranty

Smoky

The burners on the stove, the hot water tank, and the fridge all work fine on propane.I read somewhere that if the batteries are weak there might not be enough power to operate the furnace but they are fully charged.When I mentioned I turned the furnace on I was switching the t'stat to the furnace position and turning the heat up to max.

Smoky

Finally brought the sundance to a dealer after trying everything I was capable of.They ended up taking the furnance out after checking all the usual problems .Turns out it wasn't getting enough propane to ignite the burner due to a small piece of rusty metal that was inside the orfice that's attached to the propane tube in the combustion chamber.It must have slowly worked it's way down and ended up there.They only charged me one hour labour to fix so i'm one very happy camper.Thank you for all input.