Lights above Sofa

geeksrus

There are three recessed lights above the sofa... two of ours went out at the same time:confused:. To change the halogen bulb on these is a PINA. I would like to change these to a better quality unit that does not require a contortionist to change the bulbs. Any one know of where replacements can be purchased?

Eh!

geeksrus

Replacement Lights - second request for info!

There are three recessed lights above the sofa... two of ours went out at the same time:confused:. To change the halogen bulb on these is a PINA. I would like to change these to a better quality unit that does not require a contortionist to change the bulbs. Any one know of where replacements can be purchased?

Eh!

Perhaps someone could help.

Thanks Eh!

Hoosier Wolverine

Could someone please tell me how to get the cover off these lights. I pryed and tried to turn, lightly. No luck. I didn't want to take a chance on breaking something.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Could someone please tell me how to get the cover off these lights. I pryed and tried to turn, lightly. No luck. I didn't want to take a chance on breaking something.
If you have the ones with the frosted glass lenses, turn them counter clockwise. They are fairly tight so... I haven't had to replace any bulbs yet so I guess that's a little luck but I think replacements can be found at Home D???

geeksrus

If you have the ones with the frosted glass lenses, turn them counter clockwise. They are fairly tight so... I haven't had to replace any bulbs yet so I guess that's a little luck but I think replacements can be found at Home D???

Good luck in replacing the bulbs... they are halogens with 2 prongs & trying to slide the prongs into the two holes is a challenge, especially for a golden-moldy like me with fat fingers....... besides that, the bulbs are not to be touched by bare fingers.

This is why I'm looking for replacement lights........

Eh!

Last edited:

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Good luck in replacing the bulbs... they are halogens with 2 prongs & trying to slide the prongs into the two holes is a challenge, especially for an golden-moldy like me with fat fingers....... besides that, the bulbs are not to be touched by bare fingers.

This is why I'm looking for replacement lights........

Eh!
I use latex gloves when handling halogens. The light in the fridge is almost as much fun to replace I'd bet. I had to do that one a while back. It's especially fun wih bi-focals trying to bend my head back far enough to see anything. Trust me, your're not alone.;)

geeksrus

I use latex gloves when handling halogens. The light in the fridge is almost as much fun to replace I'd bet. I had to do that one a while back. It's especially fun wih bi-focals trying to bend my head back far enough to see anything. Trust me, your're not alone.;)

Sounds like we're not going to win any limbo contests..........

Eh!

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
A little trick I learned from a woodworking forum for wearer's of bifocals (or trifocals, like me). Put them on upside down to work above your eye line. Just don't look down, or they'll end up on the floor.

I'm looking to modify or replace the swivel lamps above the sofa and bed in the 3670. Cheap and the switches are next to impossible to get at easily.

As for halogen lamps, I just use my hankerchief. I only use it to clean my glasses...my sleeve is for my nose :eek: