Lack of Windows

Superduty

Grand Canyon
After 1 1/2 years of ownership of our 2008 Bighorn 3670, we have been very pleased with the RV, It has been relativly trouble free. Just one complaint and it is starting to bother both the wife and I, more and more.

On the left hand side of the coach there is only 1 little window by the computer desk. Not counting the two tiny windows on the bedroom slide. The Right hand side is great.

This is starting to bother us more and more,, Enough so that we have started looking for another replacement RV... Our previous RV was a 2005 Everest 366i,, Loved the floorplan, and the windows, but we had a warranty file 2 inches thick.

Now for the question...

I was just wondering if we are just being plain stupid with this, or does anybody else feel kinda closed in with their 3670.

By the way the wife is drafting up what she would like to see a floorplan for an RV..
Thanks for your comments,

cjbearden

Visitor
We have the 3670's 'sister' plan in our Augusta. I miss my kitchen window the most! I wouldn't mind having a window in the desk slide but DH says he likes that part without a window. We try to park so that we have evening shade on the window side and keep the shades up as far as we can as long as we can each day.

I like being able to see every direction but it really isn't possible in our coaches. What makes up for loss of windows for us is being able to back up to a lake, river, panoramic view, etc. and just enjoy the water, the mountains and the wild life out the huge rear window and the two side windows.

Would love to see the wife's floorplan.

CJ

caokgafamily

Your kidding right ? look out the right side or the back. I wish I had bought the 3670, nice big kitchen, quad slide and the 1 room bath. If you have money to burn go buy a new one, It would help stimulate the economy.

nhunter

Not sure what the cabinet arangement is like in a 3670 but could you add in a window? Would be a lot cheaper.

jbeletti

SuperDuty,

Who am I to question you on wanting a new RV - let Heartland build another one for you :D Maybe we could add a window as a special on a new unit. I am unsure on it but if you are serious - let us know.

As nhunter mentions, you if you have room for a window, consider having a competent service center install one for you. I am guessing $300-$400. And they will only be able to install it between studs so you may not get the exact placement desired. The same would likely go for a custom order.

Not sure where your RV travels will be taking you this year. I see you are in North Dakota. If by chance you will be in Elkhart County, Indiana this year, I can suggest a couple of places to you that could likely do this sort of work. Just email me.

Jim

bertha

We have had our 3670 for 2 years now and love it. I know what you mean about the windows but I kinda like the idea of having some privicy on one side. The right side and back windows make up for the left. The only other place that I could see windows going in would be on the cumputer sidewalls, that I think would help a bit.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Having a 3670, I can honestly say there is no place to install another window on the kitchen side of the trailer. Not unless you want to put your TV on a cart or the kitchen counter. When I'm using my computer at the desk, I keep the blind down anyways. We like the floorplan and the windows just the way they are.

What is there to see, anyways? The neighbors and the sewer hookup?

Superduty

Grand Canyon
Thanks alot for the replies. We looked into adding a window, the only place is beside the oven.. and a very small one at that. Don't get me wrong we like the layout. Especially the bathroom and bedroom, The bedroom closet was big enough that I have converted it into 3 bunks for our kids. The "basement" (outside storage), as the kids call it, I have also converted into a bedroom, created a crawl space from the laundry to the basement. Great for when we have company along... I can sleep up to 9 comfortably. Adding a window has also sparked an idea for the outside compartment doors.

I have talked to our dealer, and looked at the Landmark Oakmont floorplan, but we would be giving up alot of counter space.. with 5 in the family the more counter space is a plus... Also looked at the Cyclone line,, but would be giving up the nice big back window..

She is still drafting up plans for a floor plan,,, I have to admit some of it is quite ingenious.. After having 5 different RV's from almost as many different manufacturers in the last 12 years, it has given her alot of idea's.

Thanks

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Superduty,
Could you please post some pics of you cool mods (bunk beds and Lower storage bedroom)?

Thanks

kkamshop

Superduty, cool idea putting bunks in the closet and it's certainly big enough.

Our grandson asked if the closet was his bedroom the first time he saw it!!

Yianni

We are looking at a new Cyclone 3010 and the first thing I noticed when I sat down on the couch was there was only one tiny window on the kitchen side. On our current travel trailer there are 2 good sized windows.
I don't think your crazy. I like being able to sit on the couch and see outside. We dry camp so looking at a neighbor is not much of a concern.
Maybe I could have the factory add a window or two. That would be kind of cool!

NWTFHunter

Past Missouri Chapter Leaders
plexiglass screen covering

We have a 3055 and missed not being able to see outside from the kitchen area. Got some plexiglass and fit it to cover the screen on the screen door. Now we can leave the main door open and get lots of light and see what is going on on that side of the BH.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Well you guys have the wrong Bighorn.. Our BH 3400RE has no window in the back but it has windows on both sides, in the kitchen and in the bedroom.

It doesn't have one in the Toilet room..:eek: Thought it might be nice to watch the birds while reading...:D

BC