water tastes like plastic

PaBo

We just bought our long awaited 2010 Augusta. We love it as we get acquainted with this new lifestyle. But, what's up with the plastic tasting water from the refrigerator water dispenser?

Rockerga

Full-time WANNABE
We just bought our long awaited 2010 Augusta. We love it as we get acquainted with this new lifestyle. But, what's up with the plastic tasting water from the refrigerator water dispenser?

I also have to assume you are using a drinking water grade water hose for your fresh water? You always need to run a few glasses through any new filter to avoid this. (Make sure the filter is seated properly also)

PaBo

Thanks

duu! I knew that. I'm the queen of searching and never thought of doing a search for the water issue.

Thanks again,
PaBo

Goldenwingers

goldenwingers
I have had this taste in both the last two trailers. One SOB and the Landmark we now own. Nothing but time seems to do anything about the taste so be patient and one day soon it will just go away. I think it comes from the plastic plumbing. Probably the more the system is used the sooner it will go away. Also keep the ice maker running and through out all the ice that has the bad taste.

Don

slmayor

Founding California Northern Chapter Leader
We gave up and bought a Brita Pitcher. Takes that plastic taste right out. (and cheaper than bottled water)
Ours is more pronounced if we haven't used the trailer for awhile, not so noticible if we're on a three week trip, so the more you use it, the less taste.