replacement tires

WE have a 31QBS 2008 model and we have started having problems with the duro tires. Can someone recommend a better tire selection? Can the tire size be increased and can you go from bias to radial?
Thanks, hawkinszoo

Cyncwby

I see by the spec's on your trailer web site that you have 205/75/14 tires. A few years ago it would be a no brainer.....just buy Goodyear Marathon's! Now they are made in China, I have 3 on my Pontoon boat trailer with about 2500 miles and so far so good, as it should be.

If I would have known about the "China Syndrome" AND known about "Denman" tires I would have bought the Denman Express S/T radial. They are still made in the U.S.A. and you can see them at www.Denmantire.com ...look at "catalog", the Denman Express S/T is in the lower right hand corner of that page.

Yes you can upgrade to a radial and yes you can go from the 205/75/14 which is rated at 1760 lbs. and is 26.1" The 215/75/14 is rated at 1870 lbs. and is 26.8", the fitment shouldn't be a problem, hope this helps......Dave

wdk450

Not ALL Denman Tires made in the USA

Cyncwby:
I hate to burst your bubble, but I watched the video on the Denman Tire site. Although it seems to imply that most of their products are made in the USA, near the end of the video they said that they now import tires from plants in China and Mexico which are run to their ISO9001 specs.
They still sound like a good alternative to the "China Bombs" and Goodyear.
Any idea on how they compare pricewise?

Cyncwby

WDK....my bubble was burst years ago so no problem, there just seems to be a definite lack of quality trailer tires anymore. I was relating some info on the Denman's that I read about on another web site, never actually saw them so I didn't know that some were "offshore". Just go's to show you......buyer beware, do your homework........Dave

Edmonton

I just had to replace all 4 tires on my 2009 North Trail 28BHS. All 4 had the sidewalls severely crack. The dealer is trying to get something back for me from Duro, but the trailer is past warranty so I hope to get something pro-rated. Told them I don't want any tires, they are garbage.

I went with a Maxxis tire. They seemed a good choice considering that everything out there is about the same and they all come from "overseas". The Maxxis are made in Thailand I think. Considered the Goodyear but they are 75% more and from my internet research, I felt I was only paying for the name and not getting the quality one would expect from Goodyear. They are a radial and I towed with them last weekend for the first time and I did notice the trailer pulled better. Also was the first time pulling with this truck too although it is the same F150 I had previous.

David

RVCamper

I just ordered a set of Denman Epress replacement tires. They are made in Mexico according to other posts. The dealer claims never to have had to make an adjustment on one in 10 years selling them. I hope he is right. I have not heard back yet from Duro, I have sent them claim forms, emailed and called them. Just not right that less than one year old tires have to be replaced. Not safe either. BTW Duro claims to be 9001 certified, sort of reminds me of CMM level 5 .. yea right.:rolleyes:

DMitch

I have a few buddies that have heavy 5th wheels that switched to Carlisle Trailer Tires and swear by them. They have had them on for a while with no trouble is what they tell me. Never used them myself, just passing along what these 3 guys have told me.