Heartland North Trail 21FBS

bwinters

Just bought a new (2010) North Trail 21FBS travel trailer and so far I just love it. My question is who out there also owns a 21 FBS and what if any problems have you experienced with it?

One thing I don't like about the trailer is where the spare tire is located (underneath the trailer tongue) as it will drag when going over almost anything i.e. speed bumps, etc. Is there any where else the spare tire can be relocated?

Thanks,

Billy Winters

Edmonton

I have taken my trailer into some fairly uneven ground and my tire has never hit. I know it looks low but I would wait to see if you are going to have problems and then move. With the molded rear bumper there aren't a lot of other options.

David

CampingJunkie

My spare tire has only hit a speed bump. So now I make sure not to go over speed bumps. Other than that, no issues with the spare tire.

BWIHTERS, We have a 2009 21 and we just love it ! Have had a few problems but nothing major, never hit anything with the spare
not even speed bumps. We tow with an E-250 van and it has
heavy springs and dosent move much.
One thing some people have had trouble with is the cable thingy
can come loose on its own and let the spare down and drag the ground
(not good) Simple fix, drill a hole through the crank down shaft at the frame of the trailer and put a (hairpin) type hitch pin in it and it cant come down till you pull the pin out, small nut & bolt will also work.
Enjoy your new toy it's Great for two people!

prcfcrow

I have a 2011 21FBS. We enjoy it immensely. However, we removed the spare as it kept hitting speed bumps and dips in the road....started to damage the attachment for the spare. Keep it in the pickup. The only other problem is that the two drawers in the kitchen (next to sink cabinet) have come apart and I have had to reglue and attach "L" bracketys on the inside edges to strengthen it.