No Fade control

seaweaver

We are getting ready to leave on our shake-down cruise today with our new North Trail. While loading, we noticed right away that the outside speakers are always on. Our stereo unit does not seem to have a Fade control. When we press the AUD button, we only get three choices: BAL, SPK, and VOL. The instructions say we should have a few more choices, including Fade.

Is there a secret to getting that Fade choice to come up? Thank you.

Last edited:

enthuz

Not to hijack your thread, but I was wondering what model Armada do you have and how does it tow?

irvin56

there is 3 button on bottom

A, B, a+b

A is for inside speakers
B is for outside speakers

a+b is both

Fade- Not sure

Watch for alarm setting. Make sure it's off. You may be waking up or thinking some one turned on radio.
It got a bunch of us.

have fun and enjoy

seaweaver

Perhaps ours is wired incorrectly. On ours, A is left (inside and out left) and B is right and AB is both. We cannot get the outside speakers to go off.

We like the Armada so far. We have only had it a month and bought it specifically to tow the NT. It's a 2006 SE with the tow package. My husband used it to haul the NT 1,200 miles home from the factory and had no trouble. It has 59,500 miles on it andhas a cracked manifold that we just discovered but it is supposed to be covered under the 60,000 mile warranty--crossing our fingers and driving sparingly this trip!

enthuz

I like the Armada and everyone keeps saying that it tows like a bigger vehicle (with little effort). I have been eyeing the Armada LE. I hope all goes well with the manifold.

As for the audio issue, it appears that the wires are connected to the wrong jacks. Post the model you have and someone can direct you to the proper connections (this is a DIY level fix). Or if you don't feel comfortable, just have the dealer correct it.

seaweaver

Stereo model

The model we have is a Jensen AWM910. I'm fairly handy, but I will see what the dealer says first. We are going home today and my list of warranty issues is short and thankfully not serious. If the dealer won't do anything about it, I may be back asking about that wiring diagram.

Good luck with the Armada. We really like it. It's roomy doesn't ride like a truck, yet has power to spare for pulling our NT ,which is probably around 6,000 lbs. loaded.