Acrylic sealer

sunriverman

Just returned from the dealer and purchased a new 2010 Sundance, 2900MK. My question relates to the "acrylic sealer" for the exterior surfaces. Is it worth the $1450 or $1885 which included interior fabice and carpet treatment as well? Thanks in advance for your opinion.
SRman

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I've never had much faith in those dealer add ons that are to protect surfaces. Most fabrics other than cotton are inherently easy to clean. The exterior surface is easy enough to maintain by regular washing and waxing. I wouldn't spend the extra cash unless of course you have it laying around. That money would buy a nice 3000 watt Generator. A far better bang for your buck. Just my opinion.

lhetsler

Dealer options

I agree, spend your money on something else. In my opinion there is nothing they could do to your surfaces that is worth that kind of money. You can do it all yourself for $50 and a little work.

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
I've never had much faith in those dealer add ons that are to protect surfaces. Most fabrics other than cotton are inherently easy to clean. The exterior surface is easy enough to maintain by regular washing and waxing. I wouldn't spend the extra cash unless of course you have it laying around. That money would buy a nice 3000 watt Generator. A far better bang for your buck. Just my opinion.

+ 1. They tried their best to sell us this package also. We used Poli glow on the outside and scotchgard on the inside. Total investment-less than $100.00.
I like Ray's idea of using the money for a generator.:D

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
I had a similar experience when I bought my Bighorn. The dealer wanted $2,300 to "seal" my trailer and all fabrics. I said no and then did a search on the Internet for the product and couldn't find anything that matched it. Seems like snake oil to me.