Brain DEAD!!!!!

creeper

Okay, for some reason I can only describe as being a masochist, we headed up to the North East for the past two weeks. Just like clock work the intelligence level dropped as we hit Washington DC. It started when some woman in a mini van, talking on a cell phone, cut us off. She then started waving her middle finger at us. To this day a total mystery on what her problem was.

Then we stop at a rest stop just south of DC. The place is strange. It has 6 oversized parking spots for trucks with trailers and about 150 car spots. So, we pull in and more then half of the car spots are empty and half the oversized spots are taken up by cars....

Got of love this idiot. Taking a snooze

0511.jpg

I made as much noise as possible and woke him up,he was then unable to leave as I was blocking him in. He knew better then ask me to move. BTW, the truck you see at the left side had no tailer hooked up to it. Just a pick up truck and I was trying to block him in also. He backed up to get out.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I hear ya loud & clear Creeper. Some people just don't have a clue.:confused: I really get P.O.'d in parking lots when so many people think for some reason there are no speed limits and drive like it Nascar track.:mad: It's like they think they're the only people on the planet. Oh and there's the group of people meeting in the middle of the aisle because they haven't seen each other in a day or two and have to chat for 10 minutes. I sometimes get a little verbal and Lin gets embarrassed.:eek:

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Gee Ray, and Mary thinks I'm the only one. None
Peace
Dave

There at least three of us:rolleyes:! Debra gives me those "shut up" looks.

By the way, that rest stop is just a couple of miles up the interstate from me. It's supposedly on the VDOT hit list of rest stops to close this summer to save a little money. It's not uncommon at all for people to pull into the big slots. Just lazy, ignorant, oblivious, or envious - not sure which, but I suspect it's a combination of all these.

Gus

bill40

I know your feeling of being cut off going around DC Creeper. Happens to me almost everytime we head south right at the I95 interchange. I have got to the point I love moveing over to the right lane with some jerk in a BMW (one the phone) blowing his little BEEP BEEP horn. Don't understand how they think that is going to intimidate something 50 some feet long. I guess they don't understand my NO FEAR EAGLE decal on the rear of our BC.
Hope you had a nice stay in Gettysburg.

Pulltab

Saw it a LOT when traveling thru texas and California. IN indiana you will get a ticket for parking in the truck area in just a car, the way it OUTTA be!

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
I don't know if they are brain dead or just plain stupid. I was run off the road yesterday coming home from camping. I had just pulled onto Rt 10 near Surry, VA when a car tried pulling around me in a no passing zone. I guess he must have thought I wasn't accelerating fast enough or something.

Pulls around me and is mid-way between the front of the truck and the rear of the trailer when we see a car coming towards him. Instead of braking and falling in behind me he accelerates to get in front. About the time he gets even with my truck, he realizes he ain't gonna make it and pulls over into my space. Forces me to the shoulder very quickly.

I was able to keep the truck on the shoulder but the Landmark whipped off the road and into the ditch. Fortunately for me the ditch wasn't too deep at that spot and I was able to recover and get the trailer back onto the road. Not sure how I did it cuz the one look I got in my mirror, the trailer was at such an angle, I thought it was going over. I pulled over a mile or so down the road to check things out. There was a ton of dirt, mud and clumps of grass on the frame, the front jacks and your couldn't even see the rear jacks because of being covered in mud and grass. Spare tire looked the same.

After I changed my shorts, I pulled the big clumps out and did as much of a visual inspection as I could, then came on home to hose the entire under carraige down. Today I'm taking the rig back to the dealer and asking hime to do a thourough inspection just to be sure.

I don't want to ever experience that again!! Just plain stupid drivers that think there's no one on the road but them.:mad:

Keith

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Wow, Keith. Glad the trailers OK. But more importantly - glad you and the family are OK. There's no end to the number of obliviots (oblivious + idiot) out there. We have to be ever vigilent.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Keith, obliviots (like that new word) are the precise reason that I bought a train air horn. Its worth every penny when I can return the surprise when I blow it at them.

Defensive Driving Techniques

I'm sure all of us have been in situations like this, but we need to remember defensive driving saves lives and property.

Defensive driving's aim is to reduce the risk of driving by anticipating dangerous situations, despite adverse conditions or the mistakes of others.

Defensive driving is driving to save lives, time and money by the action of others.

A defensive driving course will put positive driving points back into your driving, reduce auto insurance and refresh your driving skills.

Remember defensive driving is about safe driving attitudes and behavior.

itsbeertime

I made as much noise as possible and woke him up,he was then unable to leave as I was blocking him in. He knew better then ask me to move. BTW, the truck you see at the left side had no tailer hooked up to it. Just a pick up truck and I was trying to block him in also. He backed up to get out.
LOL!!! You are SO like me. :D

KENNY COCHRAN

MCNEESE STATE COWBOYS #1
Don't you love it when you pull in the back to park at cracker barrel and the small cars are parked in the trailer parking lot. Feel like putting my rv & truck in the front and back of them so they can't leave.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I'm sure all of us have been in situations like this, but we need to remember defensive driving saves lives and property.

Defensive driving's aim is to reduce the risk of driving by anticipating dangerous situations, despite adverse conditions or the mistakes of others.

Defensive driving is driving to save lives, time and money by the action of others.

A defensive driving course will put positive driving points back into your driving, reduce auto insurance and refresh your driving skills.

Remember defensive driving is about safe driving attitudes and behavior.

You are correct about the need to be Defensive Drivers. However I wanted to correct your defensive driving definition. You said "Defensive driving is driving to save lives, time and money by the action of others." The correct definition is "Defensive driving is driving to save lives, time and money inspite of the actions of others" Not trying to be ugly just wanted to get it right. (I am a former Defensive Driving Instructor Trainer). Take care and don't forget to Drive Safe.