Electric Awning

nemo45

Our new 3600RE will have an electric awning. We spend the winters in the RGV where most of the time it is very windy. Last winter we left our manual awning out the whole time utilizing hold down straps and several deflapping devices. There were absolutely no problems in doing this. Will this be possible with the electric model? Does anyone have experience with this.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Don, I do the exact same thing as you with our awning. I do it in the patio mode with both arms anchored to the ground. I also have a rope light attached to the length of it. I don't think this is possible with the electric awning. There is no arm extending along the side of the awning for de-flappers and there are no upright arms to put on the ground. Aside from all that, they are much easier and faster to extend and retract as needed. The only problem may be attaching lights that are quick and easy to remove.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
With the automatic awning it is best to close it if you are not physically present as it is difficult to anchor it and deflappers don't work. Close it to prevent damage.