Cyclone vs Recon

jsdjdr53

I've narrowed my choices down the Cyclone 3850 and the Recon 39A. They both seem to have almost identical floorplans. The salespersons for each claim that their's is the upgrade over the other. Just wondering if anyone can give me some insight.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
John, Welcome to the Heartland Forum. I don't have a Cyclone and know very little about the competitions product so this may or may not help. You know what you need in a toy hauler so I think it best you go through each unit with a note pad and look for things you like verses don't like. Take pictures. Check construction techniques and fit and finish. What do you get for you money on each one. Garage size, How the ramp door works. Available Options. Check it over real good cause you're spending a good bunch of money. NEXT, Is there a Recon forum? Heartlands forum has been here since early on and we have a pretty good bunch of folks out there. You have to remember forums are where owners usually go for help when it's needed so you may see a lot of posts about help with a problem. Heartlands Customer Service is great and they also follow and respond to the forum members. The Heartland Owners Club is fairly new and growing. Good luck with your venture and we hope you decide on Heartland.

Wallace

beasleyrl
I see you own a 3912 , I am looking at purchasing the same unit anything I should look for when walking through?
Anything you didn't get that you wish you had.
I am getting the 2nd ac unit installed.
Thanks for you help.
Rick

breid

I've got one as well. The only thing I would change is to add a second awning over the rear door. I don't think you'll go wrong.

slb714

I've got one as well. The only thing I would change is to add a second awning over the rear door. I don't think you'll go wrong.

I 2nd that which we had one also, I wonder what would be the cost to add one?

truknutt

Committed Member
I 2nd that which we had one also, I wonder what would be the cost to add one?

When I toured the Cyclone factory last week I asked about an awning for the garage/rear door. No inclination to add this as an option at this time. They did suggest possibly using a window awning (I only want to cover the doorway) but to be aware of the angle of the deployed awning so as not to catch it on the door.

porthole

Retired
A second awning is an option on the larger trailers but not the 3010 we have ordered.

I will be looking to do something. The toy hauler is not just for the "toys" but also for our 2 Golden Retrievers to have a place to be when conditions are less then ideal outside and they get wet or muddy.

I'm hoping to be able to add a matching awning once we get it.