Window awnings for 3400RL

jjbowl

We would like to add window awnings to the two large side windows on our 3400RL BH. Does anyone have any suggestions or experience with these. We will be at the ralley in Elkart and hoped we could find someone in the area that carries these types of awnings.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
We had window awnings added to our BH 3250 by the dealer when we purchased the unit. He installed Carefree of Colorado. Great addition becuz it really helps keeping the direct sunshine off of the windows.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I have a window awning on our 3400. It's a single awning covering both windows. I ordered it from Camping World and installed it myself. About 2 hours for the install. I'll be at the rally too so you can see what you think. Another good point for awning is the ability to keep windows open during the rain. They have to be special ordered because they are available in a huge variety of sizes and colors.

jjbowl

Thanks for the info Ray, I'll make it a point to stop by and check out your awnings. Between the sun and the rain sometimes those windows work against you.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
We had one added to our Landmark at the Good Sam Rally in Perry, Ga last year. It is a Carefree awning. It took the guy about 15 minutes to install because he knew what he was doing. I did not do it myself because I didn't know what I was doing. We love ours as it helps keep the sun, and rain out. It also gives a little more privacy. We have a single awning and will be at the rally too.