Heat pump cycling on and off

Lenp

New member here - should have joined when we bought the trailer three years ago but.......

We have 2006 Landmark Monticello with two A/C units. The main unit is a Duo-Therm Model 630516.336 and is equipped with a heat pump.

When we initially started using the heat pump it would heat for a few minutes then shut completely off long before it reached the desired temperature. It would then start again after a few minutes eventually getting the trailer warmed up. I discovered if I opened the "free flow" vent the unit would remain on much longer but it stilled cycled off before the desired temperature was reached. Eventually the unit will heat the trailer to the desired temperature but it takes an excessive amount of time.

The fact that opening the free flow vent allowed it to run longer convinces me there is something in the unit that shuts the unit off when internal temperature rises too high. If I remove the entire cover from the unit it will run a very long time but then the kitchen gets pretty warm before the rest of the trailer does. All duct work is clear of obstructions.

I contacted Dometic but all they tell me to do is take it to an authorized repair center. Don't want to pay someone else to do something I am capable of doing or only to find out this is normal operation.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? If so, any resolution? If not, does anyone have access to wiring diagrams?

Many thanks,

Lenp