2010 Model 3010 Garages

I've been looking at the 2010 model 3010 both on line and at a local dealership. One has all white wall board in the garage with white cabinets and the other has living area wall board and dark stained wood cabinets with a place for a television. Is the living area wall board and dark stained cabinets in the garage area an option?

By the way I'm very impressed with the quality of your trailer and hoping to purchase one in the next year or so.

Thanks

Yianni

I've been looking at the 3010 also. The early models I saw were the white/gray garage with the gray cabinets. The newer releases seem to have the interior that matches the rest of the trailer. This was a very good move on Heartland's part because my wife did not like the industrial looking garage. Now it flows with the rest of the coach. And as we all know, if your wife likes it, then things look good for buying it.
I'm sure the factory will give a definitive answer.

Mike Aplin

Thank you for the nice compliments for the all new residential garage. Based on customer and dealer feedback, we made the decision to incorporate the interior wall board that is on the inside of the coach into the garage to make the garage feel more residential. This also includes any cabinetry to have cherry wood in the Cyclone. In place of the white garage entry door a cherry door with glass insert is now standard. If one chooses the patio slider door option as in the case of the 3010 than that would take the place of that feature. Thank you for also noticing the built in entertainment center in the garage as well that will provide room for up to a 27" LCD since it is pre-wired and has backer for a swivel. Thank you for noticing the enhancements as we are very proud of the new look. Take care, Mike

Mike Aplin

You sure could. Don't quote me on this, but I think that the white entry door leading into the living room fromt he garage is the same dimensions as the new cherry door with glass insert. You could contact our customer service/parts dept. for them to double check for you. Did the unit that you saw at the dealership have the patio slider door or the white entry door? Mike

cfingram

I can tell you for sure that I do NOT like that white door that goes from the living area to the cargo (in the 2009 3912 floorplan), it clashes with the rest of the decor, I'd have to make it dissapear and replace with a new door! :) I'm trying to find some pictures of the 2010 3912 online but having no luck

truknutt

Committed Member
I can tell you for sure that I do NOT like that white door that goes from the living area to the cargo (in the 2009 3912 floorplan), it clashes with the rest of the decor, I'd have to make it dissapear and replace with a new door! :) I'm trying to find some pictures of the 2010 3912 online but having no luck

Is it that it's metal or just the color that you dislike? I have the same door in my 3210 and am considering just painting the "living side" to compliment the decor. I prefer the white in the garage as it brightens it up my dark garage corner a bit: it is actually brighter with the door closed than leaving it open.

Here are some photos of what they say are a 2010 3912 at RVsaleprices.com. I can't see a difference from the 2009 so they may be old photos.

cfingram

It's the color from the inside of the living area, I don't mind how it looks in cargo area though.

I was able to find pictures of the 2010 and it seems like the changed the door to match the decor of the interior better (with glass windows), it's more appealing to me this way. If I were to get a 2009 though, I'd get it replaced with the newer door they got for their 2010 (if that is possible).

Mike Aplin

The new "Residential Garage" feature that is shown on the website and in the new 2010 brochure is what we are currently running. In my earlier post, I spoke about the entry door leading into the garage as no longer being the white door. It is now a cherry stain with a glass insert in the middle. There may be some modifications that might need to be performed to swap out an earlier "white" door with this new cherry/glass door, but I think the dimensions should be the same in most cases. Take care.

porthole

Retired
Just a note here. You do not have to order the expensive 19" TV for the garage to get the cabinetry/hookup.

The cabinet and backer boards as well as electric and cable is installed in all 3010 models.

I was also told during my factory visit that a "map" of all structural components and blockers is available for the unit.

Duane

porthole

Retired
One more quick question on the 3010 model. What type of bed does the couch make into. Cushions or air mattress? Thanks

Cushions.

Mike Aplin

3010 Bed arrangement on U-Shape couch

Thank you for your question. The main sofa or U-Shape Dinette does make into a bed like all of the U dinette's. There is a large cushion that goes where the dinette table is. You would insert this cushion and the couch would then convert into a large bed or for lounging. Take care, Mike