Lugging ford

HI all I was pulling my new 3250 with my Ford F350 dull diesil and the truck luged or jerked whiel trying to excelerate up a small hill any ideas? thanks Doug B

SmokeyBare

Fuel issues.... Fuel Filter starting to plug up... injector's not injecting enough fuel...

But what do I know... I have a Chevy... Hope it's not too serious or costly.

Marv

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Fuel issues.... Fuel Filter starting to plug up... injector's not injecting enough fuel...

But what do I know... I have a Chevy... Hope it's not too serious or costly.

Marv

Odd, it weighs a ton less than a 3670 but a F.O.R.D. 350 has trouble pulling it up a bump in the road.:D All kidding aside, I also hope it's not serious and that you have an extended warranty on your TV.

Cyncwby

Is this a new truck to you? ..... did you look at the tach to see what rpms you were at when the lugging started? .....did the transmission ever downshift? hopefully you were not trying to pull a hill in O/D.

nhunter

Is this a new truck to you? ..... did you look at the tach to see what rpms you were at when the lugging started? .....did the transmission ever downshift? hopefully you were not trying to pull a hill in O/D.
I always leave mine in Drive with the tow mode on.

jnbhobe

I always tow in OD the tranny will shift when it needs to.I use tow-haul most of the time for slowing down and starting out because of the change in shift pattern.The big thing to watch out for is when the tranny keeps hunting for a different gear that builds heat, and thats what causes transmission problems. JON :D :D :D

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Is it a new (08-09) truck? Could have gone into Regen mode, or not have finished a previous Regen. When that occurs, power can be severely limited. Also, there's a recall notice out on the 08-09's to adjust the shift patterns.

rideblue

If it's like mine, 2005 PSD, it's probably due to not enough rpm's. Too much boost for the amount of rpm's. Mine did this, started when going up a grade and rpm's were lower than about 2600. The extra pedal needed to go up the grade made more boost, too much for the engine to take and there is no waste gate. A reflash at Ford fixed the problem.

Del600

Iowa Chapter Founding Father
I tow in drive ALL the time.

But then again I have an Allison :)

Is the 3250 a Fifth Wheel???? If so, could it have been jerking because of tongue weight?

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
3250 is a Big Country 5th Wheel. F350 should have more than enough power and payload to handle it.

Boca_Shuffles

You stated that this is NEW 3250 trailer for you. Did you have this problem with your previous 5th wheel? Do you have another 5th wheel of comparable weight to see if you still have the same problem? If the problem persists, it is a truck problem.

If the problem goes away, it could be in the new 5th wheel.
1. Can you roll down a slight incline with your truck running in neutral. You might have bad adjustments on your 5th wheel brakes.
2. Is your break-away switch fully engaged?