Missing Stuff

nscaler2

Heartland's web site states that as standard equipment, the unit comes with a one piece shower with built in seat and a safe. Our Bighorn 3055 has nos safe and the shower has no seat. When we did our PDI with the dealer I brought it to his attention that there was no safe and he said that Heartland wasn't supplying a safe any more. I failed to catch the now shower seat at the time. My fault, but the problem still exits. I also brought to his attention a missing hardwood end table he also said that was no longer supplied. Coley says otherwise and I made the dealer aware of that on the 24th of April. He said he would get it on order. Anyway, I guess the point of this whole matter is that it looks like Heartland is advertizing on the net things that they are not supplying. Makes me wonder about their ethics.:confused:

tcbrady

Tom and Bobbi,

Heartland has always been upfront and honest with retail customers on this website. If you read any RV manufacturer website/literature you will notice that there is fine print that states the product is subject to minor adjustments throughout the manufacturing process. Let me explain some of the minor BIGHORN changes. First, BIGHORN was unable to put a seat in the shower because we changed the dimensions of shower in early Jan 2006. When we made the dimension change our shower vendor was unable to supply us with a shower mold that allows for a seat. BIGHORN has requested that our vendor work quickly to find a one-piece mold with a seat. We are expecting this one-piece shower with a seat anytime for all BIGHORN floorplans. Second, we decided to eliminate the safe under the bed because of the response we heard from retail customers not using the safe. As a result, we took the safe out of the coach and invested the $$$ to other areas of the unit. We also heard from retail customers that if they really wanted to install a safe then they could easily buy a safe at Home Depot, Lowe's, etc after they took possession of their unit.

I will put a request in today to eliminate the safe as standard equipment on our website to avoid confusion in the future.

thanks!

ChopperBill

The shower with seat was a biggy for me! I even showed it off to several friends on the web site. Any thing else I am not going to get in my soon to be built Bighorn? Could give a rats behind about a safe unless I originally paid for one. Don't need any more question for the dealer that they wont be able to answer.

nscaler2

Me too

Chooper Bill,

Me too!! When we picked this unit out, the shower with a seat was a consideration as well as the safe. They were defined on the web as standard. There was and still is, a picture of the shower with a seat on Heartland's web site as standard. Furthermore, we were shown the shower with a seat on a different Bighorn by the dealer, as indicative of what we would be getting, before ordering our 3055. YES, I feel like we paid for both items and we got neither. I'm sorry but Coley's answere sounds like lawyer talk to me.:(

svd

I understand your frustration, but for what it is worth, I don't think you are missing much. Unless the shower with seat is larger than ours, I don't think it would be easy to sit, not enough room.

And as far as the safe goes, it is really more of a steel lock box, that is fastened under the bed to the floor, that can be easily removed, box and all. It uses one of those stamped steel keys. Guess where some other manufacturers that include "safes" put them in their coaches? You guessed it, under the bed! I think when you look everything over, you will be very pleased with the entire coach, I know we were. Good luck!

Scott

Changes

No lawyers here at Heartland... just folks who are trying to our best to keep as many people happy as we can...
Coley was just telling the truth. Like every RV manufacturer, Heartland makes "running" changes during the product year. Sometimes we make changes because we want to - and other times because we have to.
We went with a different shower size, because we had to - to accomodate new floorplans and keep standardization within a given product line.
I apologize that the photo was still on the web site. The text for that was taken off, but it was still in the photo gallery.
The safe was something, like he said, that we just felt was a value that could be better spent elsewhere in the coach.
The end table has always been a part of the Bighorn - though in different incarnations. If you didn't get one - it was simply missed - and we will get you one.

ST

Trap

Personally I would rather have the extra space than the seat in the shower. As far as the safe goes we couldn't care a less as we seldom have anything that valuable with us. I could see some people wanting one but if that was the case I would prefer something a little better and more secure. So I would probably put in my own.

ChopperBill

Guess the shower with seat we saw was in an older BH or on the net. Maybe the new ones are smaller to accommodate the king bed. If so I may not care about the seat. Just didn't get to see what I was ordering so a lot of imagination was involved on my part.

phranc

Our early '06 has a seat, but in reality it is best used a a foot rest. I kave not seen any RV shower with a seat that you could really sit down on..

GaryB

Shower Seat

Does the 2007 Bighorn models have a shower seat. I didn't see it in the floorplans on the internet. Are those floorplans still the 2006 versions?

Gary

sailorand

Past British Columbia Chapter Leader
the safe is not much better than a "tin can". A 2 year old could get into it. Also it could not be worth much anyway. If you want a safe buy a steel lock box type from Wallmart or somewhere else and drill holes into the bottom and use large diameter screws to screw it onto the floor in the back of the walkin closet...

tdharley

Forget the seat ,,,,it is not much. I would personally have more room in the shower myself. The safe is a laugh, steel box on a removable peice of plywood. I would rather have some wall light switches for the over head lights in the Bedroom. I already fixed the switch in the bedroom for the "stool", should of been in the "stool" area to begin with.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Our 3400 is titled as an 07. It was built in June of 2006, delivered in July and has a seat in the shower. Being a big guy, I can't sit on it. My wife can and does for shaving those beautiful legs. I use it as a foot place. I still have plenty of room to shower and like the seat. What I hate most is bumping the faucet controls with my elbows and having fast water temparature changes.

hertzberg

Ray,

Other than the shower seat, are there any other changes in your unit relative to the models labeled as 2006? I've got a 2007 3400RL on order, probably will be built later this year (depending on when my dealer places the order) and am wondering what other changes might be in store.

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
I picked my '07 up on Sept 15 and I think a lot of changes are were they are not seen. My shower has the seat built in , but if it wasn't there would have been ok. The shower encloser is different than the '06s I had previous seen , seems a little more solid closng the door and a rubber seal on inside. I have no leaks so far like some complaints of earlier model showers. The stool light switch is now inside the stool room and location is fine. I don't have vent hoses hanging underneath for the fresh water tank that was a leaking problem on previous models. I do have to fill the tank fairly slow though to keep it from spitting back at me. I think they have used the the complaints posted on the forum to correct some problems but I sure feel for owners of the early models. Time will only tell how mine does but so far I am pleased with mine. Happy camping!
Ken

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
hertzberg said:
Ray,

Other than the shower seat, are there any other changes in your unit relative to the models labeled as 2006? I've got a 2007 3400RL on order, probably will be built later this year (depending on when my dealer places the order) and am wondering what other changes might be in store.

The only other major difference from 06 to 07 is the Bedroom layout. I'm sure you noticed that on the web and brochures. There have been a few minor issues that I have resolved without going to the dealer. We're happy so far and have been living in it for 2 months now. Good Luck with your purchase and have a blast. I almost forgot, the 3400 tows great too.