Freaky radio

guyton44

Got my new 297RL a couple of weeks ago. Love everything about it.....except that the radio will turn its self on from time to time. The first time it happened, I had not strapped down the rocker and I assumed that the rocker moved and hit the power button. It has happened twice more with the camper sitting in the carport with the doors locked and no one inside. It is almost as if the radio has a delayed on function. It really has me stumped. It is a Jensen AWM910 radio. Has anyone else ever heard of this?
Thanks,
Guyton

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
Got my new 297RL a couple of weeks ago. Love everything about it.....except that the radio will turn its self on from time to time. The first time it happened, I had not strapped down the rocker and I assumed that the rocker moved and hit the power button. It has happened twice more with the camper sitting in the carport with the doors locked and no one inside. It is almost as if the radio has a delayed on function. It really has me stumped. It is a Jensen AWM910 radio. Has anyone else ever heard of this?
Thanks,
Guyton
Same thing happen to me :cool:........look for a Set Timer setting near the bottom of the face plate.

jnbhobe

Call or PM ASA electronics they are the distributors for Jensen. Look in the electronics section of the forum. JON :) :) :)

SmokeyBare

GuyTon,

It gets more spooky.... when my Dish Network Receiver changes channels... I switch it back... and off it goes again... sometimes at a different channel... sometimes it's doing a scan of channels...

The Receiver works off a UHF controlled Remote... and I've parked near someone else who has the same type of Remote... I scramble for the instruction sheet... to change the address of the Remote... my only salvation to the Remote War... between campers.

guyton44

OK, I have found the alarm set button. I can't remember if it was on or off. If it is on, does the alarm turn on the radio? I now have it off and hope that this solved my problem. Thanks for the help.....great forum!
Guyton