Ac on refrig doesn't work? Any Ideas

markandrenita

Got to our 50 amp campsite, plugged in and the refrig is working but stays on gas. I checked the plug in and it looks ok. Any ideas?

Thanks

Clint

That has happened with ours before, and as it turned out, it was on the same circiut as the bathroom sink outlet and the GFI had tripped. We reset the GFI and the refrigerator went back to AC.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
If you are having problems with the GFI tripping there is a possible cure. I got the help from this forum during our stay in TX. Apparently our power pedestal had ground problems and because we were on concrete, I had to run a heavier wire from the frame to earth to achieve a good ground for the rig. I used a 3 ft length of heavy copper pipe hammered into the ground and a clamp for the wire. It cured our GFI problem after many hours of checking outlets and looking for loose connections.

wdk450

Forum comes through again

Gang:
This sounds like a strong argument for one of those 3 neon light outlet testers. I also prefer the GFCI outlets that have the built-in power present LED.

Same thing happened to me...opened up the refrigerator panel on the outside of the trailer and found that the factory did not plug the refrigerator into the 120 outlet in the compartment.

jimtoo

Hi scottmarita,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to help if needed.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M