Tires under weight rating

rideblue

I have a 2007 Cyclone 3795. I love it and it works well for my family. I was inspecting my tires the other day and noticed a few cracks in the sidewall. As I was researching for new tire purchase, I realized that the tires/wheels that came with the rig (225/75-15 load range D) can only carry 15,240 pounds, max. The rig is rated for 18,000 pounds. Why would a factory NOT put on wheels and tires that are rated high enough to match the weight rating of the rig? I can't even use a tire with a load range E, still won't be enough. I have to upgrade to 16 inch rims and tires at quite an expense. My fault for not noticing it on purchase day, but shame on Heartland for doing it in the first place.

truknutt

Committed Member
I have a 2007 Cyclone 3795. I love it and it works well for my family. I was inspecting my tires the other day and noticed a few cracks in the sidewall. As I was researching for new tire purchase, I realized that the tires/wheels that came with the rig (225/75-15 load range D) can only carry 15,240 pounds, max. The rig is rated for 18,000 pounds. Why would a factory NOT put on wheels and tires that are rated high enough to match the weight rating of the rig? I can't even use a tire with a load range E, still won't be enough. I have to upgrade to 16 inch rims and tires at quite an expense. My fault for not noticing it on purchase day, but shame on Heartland for doing it in the first place.

That may be one reason that they upgraded to 6k axles and 235/80R16E tires rated at 3520 lbs each when my 3210 was built in 2008 (2009 model year). Don't forget your pin weight; will that keep you from having to move up to 16 inchers?

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
You have to subtract your pin weight from the GVRW. You have enough tire by a small margin assuming your Pin weight is around 3,000#. I'm guessing it's more than that though.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I had a SOB that had 15" 5 bolt rims on it.. I found a 16" rim from Discount Tire with 5 bolt holes. Check for centering also. Put XPS Ribs on the trailer and had no problems... My Bighorn came with 16" rims...

BC