Shower water flow pitiful

itsbeertime

New BC 3250TS and the water pressure coming out of the shower is pitiful. I took the showerhead off and checked for junk in it and rinsed it but didn't accomplish anything. I seem to remember a topic here about this and now I can't find it. I did notice there is a white "washer" in the hose end of the showerhead with I think 3 tiny holes in it that I'm positive is there to restrict water flow. Any experience with this? Oh, we were using the water tank and pump at the time, not city water.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
I've always removed the flow restrictor. I never use the tank water for showers, so I have no experience with the flow from the tank.

We just bought a new adjustable valve with a gauge on it while at the Good Sam rally in Albuquerque so we can monitor the incoming water pressure.

Rockerga

Full-time WANNABE
I have the same issue with my North Trail. The possibilities there are two-fold: We either have trash caught in the system (Plastic and other caught during the manufacturing process) or we have a kinked line somewhere.

I thought it was the campground pressure but it is not. The next trip I will see if I cannot locate and correct it within my means and if not bring it back to the delaer to investigate deeper.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I used a little larger drill bit to open those holes up. At the time I wasn't sure if removing the restrictor would allow the seal/gasket to work. If this doesn't work, get access to the water pump. There is a strainer on the inlet side that may have some drill shavings in it from the fresh water tank. It's darn near impossible to catch all of these during assembly. Make sure all of your valves are in the fully open position. I also removed all the restriction devices in the other fixtures. The kitchen was the hardest. I hope these idea solve the water problem.

itsbeertime

Thanks for all the suggestions. I'm going to be at a real campground this weekend and will play with everything while I have city water. I'm guessing the water pump is behind that panel in the basement?

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Another big help is installing an Oxnygenics (bad spelling:confused:) shower head. It makes the pressure feel twice as strong. Available from Camping World for around $35, but you may can find elsewhere. I highly recommend it - made a world of difference in our shower.

KENNY COCHRAN

MCNEESE STATE COWBOYS #1
Take the white plastic washer with the holes completely out and put it in the trash can. You will get better pressure and will take a good hot shower. Only time you would ever need it is if you dry camp a lot and want to save a little water.

Zonian

I took out the water saver that was on the shower head. That helped. Then, just yesterday, I was "investigating options" and unscrewed the shower hose at the base. Low and behold, it had a restrictor there also. I took that one out and now I have acceptable water flow.

itsbeertime

I took out the water saver that was on the shower head. That helped. Then, just yesterday, I was "investigating options" and unscrewed the shower hose at the base. Low and behold, it had a restrictor there also. I took that one out and now I have acceptable water flow.
Sigh. I never thought to look in BOTH ends. So I drilled out the holes in the shower head end a little. No wonder it hardly made a difference. I couldn't get it out though. How are you getting it out. It's in there good and I don't want to crack the plastic.

rvn4fun

another shower question

We too had a very poor shower, we have one of the cheap regulators that came with the rv on the incoming hose, also dealer gave me another one, so I have two. Only using one. I took out the water restrictor in the shower head and that helped a bunch, but still not enough. Since we are having a cold front here in Texas, I filled the water tank and unhooked our outside hose. When I took a shower last night it was great, lots of water pressure with the pump. My question is, does it hurt to run the water pump when you have the outside water hose hooked up? In the near future, I will buy a better water regulator.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Here's a vote against the Oxygenics. Not for it's function, it is good, but for it's weight. It is too heavy. It needs to be screwed into the wall, the shower head support in the trailer won't hold it up and it sprays your feet more than anything else. I took it out and swapped it with the low flow head I had in the house (which also mounts higher than the BH). It takes a good amount of pressure to keep the shower head where you point it. Oh yeah, the holder that came with it gave up the ghost after a couple of weeks, plastic nut cracked in two, so I put a different one on to hold it.

Two Hands

I got the Oxygenics too, but neither the CEO/Navigator nor I liked it. The flow was only increased very slightly. It stuck out further than the original so it made the shower enclosure smaller. We tried it a couple days and went back to the original.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I am using the original holder that came with the RV with the Oxygenics. The problem with the holder is the grommet that holds the head in place doesn't hold it in place anymore. So I took a rubber band and wrapped it around the holder where the grommet is and tightened it up. Now it supports it again. If it wears out again well it will be time for another rubber band.

2010augusta

As we rarely are without full hook-ups, we installed a water-pik adjustable head, just like the one I had in my S&B. flow it great and it fits tighter into the factory head support. I kept the factory one just in case this one does not perform well on the pump if we ever boondock.