Hot Water Tank 21FBS

bwinters

I am a new owner of a 21FBS and did not have a "walk through" on the unit when I bought it (bought it in Michigan and had it delivered to Texas), anyway I have been learning about the trailer by asking questions and reading various forums such as this one.

I have a question concerning the water tank.....Does it come from the factory ready to use in the "Electric Mode" or the "Propane Mode"? How would you tell the difference?

I haven't taken the trailer out camping yet, still getting familar with the systems first.

Thanks,

Billy

jbeletti

Billy,

The water heaters comes from the factory with the AC switches in the OFF position. There are two if them. One inside in the control center area (a red lighted residential style wall switch). The other is outside behind the water heater cover in the lower left corner. It's a small black rocker switch and it ships with a tiny cotter pin in it for safety (see more on that below).

That all said, your dealer, during his own PDI, may have filled the water heater and tested it in both AC and Propane modes. So no telling what position these switches are in now.

To use on AC only, do this:

• Have your coach plugged into AC power
  • Make certain Water Heater Bypass valve is in the NORMAL position
  • Make certain the Winterize valve is in the NORMAL position
  • If you plan to use city water (versus tank water), be certain that the water is connected to the City Water connection in the UDC, that the water is ON and that you have water (cold) coming out of your faucets when in the HOT position. This ensures that you have water in your tank
  • Remove the cover panel off the water heater on the outside of the RV
  • Locate the small black rocker switch in the lower left corner of the water heater. Remove the tiny cotter pin from it. Move the switch to the ON position. You may leave this switch on all the time now.
  • Inside the coach, in your control center area, locate the water heater switch that is on it's own. It's a residential style wall switch that has a red handle that lights up when on. Move the switch to the ON position
You are now operating your water heater on AC power.

To use on Propane (LP Gas) only, do this:

• Have your coach plugged into AC power so the converter is working OR, ensure that you have a charged up 12 volt battery in the coach and if so equipped, that any battery cut-off switch is switched to the ON position
  • If you plan to use city water (versus tank water), be certain that the water is connected to the City Water connection in the UDC, that the water is ON and that you have water (cold) coming out of your faucets when in the HOT position. This ensures that you have water in your tank
  • Inside the coach, in your control center area, locate the white monitor panel. There are usually 3 switches on this panel. Two are black and one is red. The read one should be marked Water Heater. Switch this to the ON position. The switch will be lighted.
You are now operating your water heater on Propane (LP gas).

NOTE: You may run the water heater on AC power and Propane at the same time if you need fast recovery.

Jim

air in my water lines

I have a question also. I get hot water....but I can't seem to get all the air out of my lines. I leave my lines open when filling. It appears to have all the air out but when I get to the campground and turn my water back on, I have air again in my lines. My pump doesn't want to kick off. Can anyone help me?

bwinters

water heater

Jim, thank you so much for this information. I have run myself a copy and will follow the instructions. I sure appreciate your help.

Billy

Billy,

The water heaters comes from the factory with the AC switches in the OFF position. There are two if them. One inside in the control center area (a red lighted residential style wall switch). The other is outside behind the water heater cover in the lower left corner. It's a small black rocker switch and it ships with a tiny cotter pin in it for safety (see more on that below).

That all said, your dealer, during his own PDI, may have filled the water heater and tested it in both AC and Propane modes. So no telling what position these switches are in now.

To use on AC only, do this:

• Have your coach plugged into AC power
  • Remove the cover panel off the water heater on the outside of the RV
  • Locate the small black rocker switch in the lower left corner of the water heater. Remove the tiny cotter pin from it. Move the switch to the ON position. You may leave this switch on all the time now.
  • Inside the coach, in your control center area, locate the water heater switch that is on it's own. It's a residential style wall switch that has a red handle that lights up when on. Move the switch to the ON position
You are now operating your water heater on AC power.

To use on Propane (LP Gas) only, do this:

• Have your coach plugged into AC power so the converter is working OR, ensure that you have a charged up 12 volt battery in the coach and if so equipped, that any battery cut-off switch is switched to the ON position
  • Inside the coach, in your control center area, locate the white monitor panel. There are usually 3 switches on this panel. Two are black and one is red. The read one should be marked Water Heater. Switch this to the ON position. The switch will be lighted.
You are now operating your water heater on Propane (LP gas).

NOTE: You may run the water heater on AC power and Propane at the same time if you need fast recovery.

Jim