OEM power converter 35DSRL

jimpav

Just curious if anyone knows the model and output rating of the factory installed standard power converter in the 35DSRL? The panel says "World Friendship WF-8930/50" . I was hoping it was one of the WF-9800 series, as these converter/chargers have the necessary three stage charging scheme......bulk, absorption, and float.
PS is there any way to get to it easily? I assume it's behind the circuit panel.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
You can call Customer Service and give them your vin # and they can tell you all the info you will need

jimpav

converter wrong number

Well, after calling the factory I decided to take apart the panel in the pass thru and discovered the 35DSRL (at least my unit) has a WF9865 power converter.....not the brand I was told by the Heartland brand manager. This is a good thing in that the WF9865 is the unit that has the 3 phase charger for your batteries. Bulk, absorption, and then float. Supposedly with this unit you can leave it plugged in always and not worry about boiling your battery dry. Just curious what everyone else has.

B

bwwalczak

Sorry for the confusion about the converter model number.

Eagle Ridge has been equipped with the WF-9865 power converter / charger for 2010 models. This 65AMP converter is standard equiptment on Eagle Ridges.

Power converter features:
- Clean, constant 12V DC power. Eliminates the need for filtered circuits whether or not the battery is installed in Eagle Ridge.
- Reverse battery protection - prevents permanent damage from incorrect battery hook up.
- Automatic cooling fan - operates only under high load conditions
- Electronic current limiting - shuts down power during overload or short circuit - no more hassle replacing fuses or resetting circuit breakers
- Faster recharge rate
- 80% lighter unit than older style linear converters.