where were your tires MADE

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
Anybody see those Goodyear 614's in that list? Also can you go from E rated 235/80/R16 to G rated 235/85/R16's. My rig is at the dealer for some fixings, but I thought I had the first tire specs and was wondering the difference it makes. The originals could be 85's but in case they are not I am a wondering.

fhollan

Code "1"

I noticed one code on this link which opened my eyes:

<TABLE id=rsTable border=1 cellSpacing=1 width="100%" cols=5 name="rsTable"><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top width=33>[SIZE=-1]1[/SIZE]

</TD><TD vAlign=top width=331>[SIZE=-1]CHINA MANUFACTURERS ALLIANCE[/SIZE]

</TD><TD vAlign=top width=163>[SIZE=-1]VALENCIA[/SIZE]

</TD><TD vAlign=top width=119>[SIZE=-1]CALIFORNIA[/SIZE]

</TD><TD vAlign=top>[SIZE=-1]UNITED STATES[/SIZE]

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I am not trying to start anything but was just wondering why we, as American consumers, are allowing ourselves to be placed in danger with these defective products from outside our country and are not raising holy h... with our government to prevent these defective products from entering our product chain. We need to start writing and calling the consumer product safety commission and reporting defective products. Lets make these products such as imported tires etc, safe for us to use.

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
I dont even need to look at the chart... my tires were made in Cheepo..uh I mean China:D

My wife an I made a decision a few months ago, if its made in the U S (or Canada), then we buy it. If not we still avoid China when we can.

There is a search engine that has only "made in USA" products listed...(or so they say).
http://madeinusa.org/

Last edited:

Pat McFall

PressurePro

I dont even need to look at the chart... my tires were made in Cheepo..uh I mean China:D

My wife an I made a decision a few months ago, if its made in the U S (or Canada), then we buy it. If not we still avoid China when we can.

There is a search engine that has only "made in USA" products listed...(or so they say).
http://www.madeinusa.org/

Good afternoon folks,

This seemed like the perfect opportunity to mention the PressurePro System again. It doesn't matter if you have "Cheepo" tires or not, you need a Tire Pressure Monitoring System to monitor your tires. It will give you peace of mind while you are traveling. We all made a big investment in our "home on wheels" and we want to make sure we have it well equipped with all the modern safety equipment available.

There are lots of tire monitoring systems out there but, of course, I recommend the PressurePro System. It has been on the market for over 5 years and is "tried and true". AND, it is MADE IN AMERICA! The PressurePro Home Office is located in Harrisonville, MO and they stand behind their products.

You can monitor your tire pressures with the push of a button on the Monitor located on your dash. The Monitor is powered by plugging it into the lighter accessory in the vehicle. It displays current tire pressure as well as alerting to low and high tire pressures with both a visual and audible warning. A wireless, tire air pressure sensor (cap) simply screws onto the valve stem replacing the dust cap. The sensors constantly read the tire pressure and transmit the pressure reading to the monitor. When a low or high pressure condition is sensed, the monitor displays the tire location with a flashing light and sounds an audible alarm.

If I can answer any questions, please email me or call me (850)294-0281. I will be happy to assist you. We are currently located in Custer, SD for the summer.

Safe Travels.............Pat

Jimmyt5

PP has saved my rig a least 4 times. Makes you fell good that it is watching for you....

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Hi Pat..
I have posted with you before.. I have use PP since 2006 and it has saved me at least a couple of times. However I am not sure that pressure pro would give a warning about tread from a china bomb coming off until the tire looses pressure. By that time we have probably messed up the trailer.

With that said, I do not travel without a PP sensor on my trailer tires.
I have notice that Doran has a different monitoring system. What is the difference between their new system and PP. I do notice that the sensors are a lot smaller..

BC

Pat McFall

Hi Pat..
I have posted with you before.. I have use PP since 2006 and it has saved me at least a couple of times. However I am not sure that pressure pro would give a warning about tread from a china bomb coming off until the tire looses pressure. By that time we have probably messed up the trailer.

With that said, I do not travel without a PP sensor on my trailer tires.
I have notice that Doran has a different monitoring system. What is the difference between their new system and PP. I do notice that the sensors are a lot smaller..

BC

Hi Bob, you are correct. The PressurePro won't give you a warning about a tread from a China "bomb" (or a Goodyear) coming off until the tire loses pressure. But, the tire will eventually "blow" and the PressurePro will let you know about it right away before further damage is done.

It happened to us last Fall and we had Goodyear G614 tires. We were on a 2-lane road in OK when the tread came off and wrapped around the wheel next to it. The PressurePro didn't alarm because we didn't lose any pressure in the tire. The car behind us noticed smoke coming out from under our 5th wheel and flagged us down. We were VERY LUCKY!! I hate to think what would have happened if he hadn't stopped us. We pull our Teton with a Volvo Semi and we probably wouldn't have heard or felt it when the tire blew.

We have since replaced our 16" rims and Goodyear G614 tires with 17.5" rims and Goodyear G114 tires. They are a lot safer than our old tires but we will never travel without our PressurePro.

I don't know a lot about the Doran 360 system but as I understand it, their Sensors weigh .83 oz and are 1.31" W x 1.16"H. The PressurePro Sensors weigh .66 oz and are 1.11" D x 1.01" H. I haven't seen one myself so I can only go on what my sources tell me. The Doran system has only been on the market about 6 months and it is made in China. They are a few dollars more than the PressurePro.

If I can answer any other questions, please let me know.

Safe Travels,

Pat

SouthernNights

Pat,
Does the PP system use a different frequency than the factory installed system for the TV on a GM product?
I assume that if it does then you can still use the PP system on the TV and basically ignore the useless system GM installs.

Pat McFall

Pat,
Does the PP system use a different frequency than the factory installed system for the TV on a GM product?
I assume that if it does then you can still use the PP system on the TV and basically ignore the useless system GM installs.

Hi Larry,

Good question. Yes, you can use the PressurePro system on any vehicle with a factory installed TPMS. They will not interfere with each other. The only problem may be the valve stems that come with the factory installed system. They are usually "aluminum". PressurePro uses a "brass" thread on the Sensors and brass and aluminum can chemically bond with exposure to salts and chemicals. When installing the PressurePro Sensors on these aluminum stems, we recommend wrapping the aluminum threads on the valve stem with teflon tape before installing the PP Sensors. We have installed lots of Sensors on vehicles with TPMS systems and no problems so far.

If I can answer any other questions, please let me know.

Safe Travels, Pat

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Pressure Pro to the rescue

Sooo, we're driving up I-74 yesterday on our way home from the Goshen rally, when my Pressure Pro warning alarm goes off. :eek: It says right rear tv. I pull to the side of the road, turn on my flashers, my new LED's that were really visable in the rain I might add, and investigate. Sure enough I hear air hissing from the tire. :( OK, put out the orange triangles and call Good Sam Roadside Assistance. I was shocked when after only 10 minutes the repair guy pulled up. :) That was the first time I had ever used Good Sam and was impressed with the service. Now the rest of the story. When I bought the Pressure Pro, Pat McFall recomended that I change the valve stems to the bolt on type. Well, I figure I'll do that when I get new tires. Mistake. The air leak that I heard was from the OEM valve stem pulling out of the rim. So today, as soon as I can get my butt in gear I am having 8 new valve stems installed. The moral of the story here is, listen to the people that know their product, Pat McFall.
Peace
Dave

SouthernNights

My tires are now made in Greenville, SC. USA!!!!;)

Got rid of the Mission tires today and upgraded to Michelin.

Also put a set on the truck.

I have now done my part to stimulate the economy.

Any body want to buy 4 slightly used trailer tires?????