Not something you see every day!

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I took this picture in a Walmart Parking Lot in Corpus Christi. For me, it was the first time I've ever seen a vehicle in a triple tow situation. Ihope he's using some sort of braking device in the toad.:rolleyes: I'm guessing he's a bit over length and Combined weight.

Attachments

• IMG_0042.JPG
    IMG_0042.JPG
    175.9 KB · Views: 538

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Ray, we see this all the time. However, the tow vehicle is usually something more substantial!;)

These are the kind of people we give a wide berth to, and stay as far away as possible. Had a friend who towed a Teton with a Peterbilt, and a Ford Explorer behind the Teton, until it ripped loose and he left it sitting in a ditch....think I'll continue to drive my little car separately!!:D

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
OK guys - get this one. The other day in TN I saw a trip - a ford pu with a 5'ver with a 2 horse trailer (including the horses) getting off of I75. The 5'ver looked about 30' long but with the horse rig behind, it looked like a train going down the road. Wish I had a camera!!!!

lhetsler

Back up

I definitely would not want to back that up. I once saw a 35 foot motorhome with a 25 or so foot boat back the boat into the lake perfectly the first time. Impressive. I have all I can handle with my 5er.

Tom of Ypsi

Last week on our way to the SKP's Escapade in Mo we saw a Freightliner MDT pulling two horse trailers with the horses in it. This was in Nebraska with me doing 60 mph and was passed by that setup. Looked like a small train with at least 8 horses in the trailers going down the road. I have seen triple towing many times but never to this extreme.

nrps

Last week on our way to the SKP's Escapade in Mo we saw a Freightliner MDT pulling two horse trailers with the horses in it. This was in Nebraska with me doing 60 mph and was passed by that setup. Looked like a small train with at least 8 horses in the trailers going down the road. I have seen triple towing many times but never to this extreme.

He must not care to much for his Horses.

Delaine and Lindy

Double Towing ....

We are double towing, and we arrived at our winter site today, Gulf Shores, Ala. . Our 5th wheel has enought frame to handle our Chevy HHR. Our set up is the same as used by Motor Homes. We have brakes in the Chevy HHR and also a emergency brake away system. We also have plenty of Truck and then some. I don't recomend double towing for everyone, but if you set up your rig correctly its just as safe as single towing for me, but I'm also a experienced Truck driver. But if you have the experience and the equipment there is no problem. Also Triple towing is when you have a Truck towing three trailers. I can't tell the Chevy HHR is behind the 5th wheel. We did a lot of research before we purchased this system to include buying a new Chevy HHR and larger Truck. We looked at many different small cars and the problem we encountered was weight of the vehicle. We also have a hard wired rear camera and we can watch the Chevy HHR at all times. If Delaine didn't have a eye issue we would have driven the car, she did last winter but it was just to hard on her. I had just as soon drive the Frieghtliner around and do as ofter as I can. The ride is worth the extra expense, just floating on air. This is just my experience and in no way would I tell you to double tow. GBY........

laffman

Last year in Michigan we saw a lot of people pulling a boat behind their 5th wheel.

MI law states 65 ft. as the max. length before a special license is required.

I saw this a lot in the Dakotas and Montana when we went out west for a trip. A lot of boats behind 5vers.