how to obtain warranty work??

thomasinnv

we took delivery of our 2010 3300rlb about a month ago. we are over 2000 miles from our dealer, but we need some warenty work done. the main issues are the wall paper border around the middle of the room is bubbled and needs to be replaced or removed all together. (i would rather it just be removed and left off) and the bunk room slide is starting to tear up the floor. it has actually torn through the vinyl, and discollored the carpet where one roller moves back and forth. i cant go 2000 miles to where i bought it from, but it needs to be fixed. i live in it full time so time is a factor also. what is my first step? i only have small windows of time in wich to get things done. i am a traveling tent minister so i need to schedule things between tent sets. what do i do?

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
Good luck Derrick, think you will need that prayer to get it done right. If your lucky just find a local shop that Heartland approves of and you will be off and running. Many dealers that sell Heartland will only fix the rigs under warranty sold by them. You also have to stay on top that Heartland will pay them enough for each item fixed, as well as repair vs replacement. I am going through this issue now but was lucky my dealer sent a driver to pick up my rig at no charge and fix the problems. Good Luck.

H

Heartland Service

Heartland can help

Please contact Heartland's service department at 877-262-8032. We will attempt to locate the nearest service facility that we have or will work with a service facility of your choice. It is important to get warranty approvals prior to work being performed.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Also there are some service facilities that will allow you to stay in your rig while it is being repaired. Check with the service facility to see if that is possible. What will usually occur is you vacate the rig during the day while they are actually working on it and then once they are done for the day they will pull it back to the site and allow you to sleep in it that nite. Some facilities charge a nominal fee for this.

ChopperBill

That wall paper border is self sticking and can be removed pretty easily yourself. Will save you some time at the dealer.

Goldenwingers

goldenwingers
My wife pulled ours off and I have seen no residue but if it does get some Goo Gone and it will remove it. She reused it to decorate some of the mirror's in the trailer.

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
does it leave behind a residue, and if so what will remove it?

Those problems can be fixed by you... sometimes its easier to just fix it yourself. Extend your slide..look for long adjustment screws near the end of the rails (about 5/8" dia x 4" long) with locking nuts. Try adjusting the bolts so the slide lower on the outside edge, this should raise the entry point.

I wish you all the luck also. We are in this same situation where we purchased our trailer from another dealer far from home. I dealt previously with one of the sister companies locally whom sells Heartland and swore back then I would never do business with them again as their after sales service was disgusting! We also saved enough $$ purchasing far from home allowing us to be able to afford a Big Country after selling our trailer locally.
At the moment I am very frustrated with Heartlands warranty and the local dealer they found to do the work. Our trailer has sat on the lot for 3 weeks and not so much as the door being opened to look at the issues. Since we are due to go on holidays I have given up and am taking our trailer back tomorrow and not sure what I will do. Some of the smaller items I can easily do myself, but larger issues such as spider cracking of the fiberglass front gel coat is beyond my capabilities. I have been told today that approvals have been given for most items, 3 days before we leave, and we have plans pretty much the remainder of the summer. Maybe it is time for me to invest in a white spray can and a polisher and be done with it <SARCASM>!

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
Again sorry to hear about your dealings with the repair dealer.... My thought is 90% is the RV dealers are crooks or just don't care, that way I don't get disapointed by them. I also think that the warrentys are basically useless so i looked for best purchase price i could find. ($$K off $35k MSRP) The Dealers near me want near MSRP :rolleyes:. I plan on doing all the repairs I can myself to save the grief you are going through!

BTY, finer spider web cracks on your gelcoat are basically normal. If you want it screwed up more request them to fix it!

Last edited by a moderator:

thomasinnv

Those problems can be fixed by you... sometimes its easier to just fix it yourself. Extend your slide..look for long adjustment screws near the end of the rails (about 5/8" dia x 4" long) with locking nuts. Try adjusting the bolts so the slide lower on the outside edge, this should raise the entry point.

had i realized earlier that the slide was out of adjustment i would have simply made the adjustment myself...the problem now is that the floor has been damaged and will require that the vinyl be replaced. This is a brand new unit i just paid alot of money for, and i am not willing to just let it slide. (no pun intended) the vinyl has been torn where the slide came into contact with the floor.

My concern is that i will be required to bring the unit in for examination before parts can be ordered, then be required to return with the unit several weeks later to have the repair done. I am a traveling minister and live on the road full time so i am not able to just sit somewhere for weeks or months at a time. So i guess this may be something i need to take up with heartland service. If your watching, how can i get this taken care of? can i take pictures and send to the factory and get the ball rolling?

jbeletti

thomasinnv,

Your best bet is to call Heartland right away to open up a case and discuss. The number is 877-262-8032. Have the last 8 of your VIN ready prior to the call. Have your pictures on your computer and ready to attach to an email as they will likely want them as well. Best of luck.

Jim