Buying our first fifth wheel, Sundance 3200RE

D2Wilsn

I have been lurking on this forum for a while now and my DH and I just took the plunge and ordered a 2010 Sundance 3200 RE with most of the options. :eek: We should get it by the end of June. We are so excited and nervous about moving up to a fifth wheel. We had a hybrid travel trailer before and sold it recently. (Right before a camping trip, of course, and had to tent it. Ugh!!) I want to thank everyone on this forum for all of their valuable input. It seems that I learn something new every time I sign on.

gmc

Reitired - California-Central Chapter Leaders
congratulations you will be happy with the purchase. We went from a 30' pull trailer to a 34' bighorn. We abslutely love it. happy camping and welcome to the Heartland family

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Congratulations and Welcome to the Heartland Family. There's nothing worse than crawling out of a tent in the middle of the night and having water drip down your back. We've been there and done that way too many times. And why is it every time we tent camped, it would rain??? Never again. Enjoy the new Sundance.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
After doing many years of tent camping, we moved up to the hard sides about 6 years ago and have never looked back. You have made a great choice with the Sundance. We have had 3 fifth wheeler with the last 2 being Heartlands, a Sundance and now the Big Country. Congratulation and enjoy the great outdoors.

D2Wilsn

Thank you everyone! I am not sure which is worse, tenting in the wind or the rain. :confused: Where we were camping, the winds blew up to 40 mph every night. We were lucky our tent didn't collapse. Our little dog was freaking out from the wind flapping the tent, and in my husbands efforts to put her in the truck at 3:00 a.m, (and making sure I stayed awake the whole time) :mad: he stumbled out of the tent, caught his foot on the lip of the tent, fell out, and busted up one of the tent poles. The next morning I had to literally crawl out of the tent on my hands and knees. It is very interesting how one can fix a tent pole with duct tape. We had two more nights of this, each night the wind getting progressively worse. I kept thinking to myself, only one more camping trip in a tent before we get our trailer. I later learned that quite a few people lost their tents in the river that weekend.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Congratulations on the new 5'er. We've made a similar migration, too. Started out with sleeping bags in a tent on the rocks of Drummond Island, MI. Progressed to cots on the rocks in the tent. Then a 12ft pop-up, a 27ft TT, and now the 38ft Bighorn. Somewhere along the line, we got into timeshares, which we still use.

Del600

Iowa Chapter Founding Father
Gave up the tenting thing years ago, slept on the boat for a few years, and now have found the lights.

Welcome to the Sundance Family.