1/2 Ton Towing Crazy

blugoose

OK check it out...I found an incredible deal on a 2008 2998RB fifth wheel and considering buying...I'm in denial regarding tow capacity and asking this anyway...until I can "upgrade" will my F150 Supercrew 2WD with a 10500lb rating even begin to tow this coach safely? Be gentle...

Rmcgrath53

No!!! I have the brother of that unit 2997bhs and I tell you that after weighing my unit I have 2500 lbs of pin weight. I have upgraded my truck to a 2002 dually f350. Before I had a single rear wheel and my rig weighed 12000 lbs with a 2500 lb pin weight that maxed my one ton out. No way a 1/2 ton will safely haul that rig.
Ron

tmcran

Pull yes. Safely nope. Will be lots of wear and tear. I have the 2998RB and I'm really careful of loading and watching the weight.

blugoose

Thanks for the feedback folks...and I agree with you. Probably should stick with an ultralight trailer for now.

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
Thanks for the feedback folks...and I agree with you. Probably should stick with an ultralight trailer for now.

You could pull a few models the XLT ultra lite's Sundance easily...and the prices are great starting @ $20k up.