Pin box mount

phoneman

We have a 2008 Bighorn 3055. As we travel down the highway I can see the space between the top of the pin box and the bottom of the front overhang where the pin box is mounted change as if the pin box mount is flexing. Is this normal or should ther not be any movement? You can also see a change in this space when the trailer is unhitched with the weight off the pin box

Thanks, phoneman - new member

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Although I've only had my 3670 a short time, I have not seen any movement like that in the pin box. And mine has the plastic cover on it. I would take a look at the bolts that hold the pin box to the frame and see if there is any indication of shifting (scratches/rust in the paint) or loose bolts.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Hello Phoneman
Welcome to the Heartland Forum.

We were north bound on Hwy 31 south of Kokomo and stopped along the shoulder near Arbys to get lunch. I am thinking you might be the person that stopped to talk to me. I am hoping so.

You got me courious and after leaving I kept a close watch on the area between the trailer and pin box. I could not see any movement. As we discussed, there should be no movement between he trailer and the pin box.

If you get a chance you might call Heartland at 574-262-8030 or go to the factory forum for Bighorns. //heartlandowners.org/forumdisplay.php?f=149

Check out this forum website about the North American Rally in Goshen starting on the 11th of June //heartlandowners.org/index.php?do=getnew On this thread you can see what is going on. It looks like we have 8 sites left. Contact Jim Beletti if your interested..

This is the best place to get information about your Bighorn and socialize with other that have common intrests.. To help you start navagate click on the hot links on the blue line.. Active Topics and Quick Links.

There are a lot of other options so read a lot, ask questions and enjoy.

Hope to see you at the rally..

BC

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Phoneman, just my 2cts. Most if not all vehicles that have steel frames must have some flex or they would break. Mine does have some movement while driving but I really dont worry much about it. If you really did some research I bet you would find most 5er's do have some movement and flex through out the whole frame. Most cars and trucks do also. Bob:D

kkamshop

phoneman, welcome to the forum from a fellow Hoosier!

We also see some flex on rougher roads. Checking further, we feel it is the skin on the overhang moving as it does not seem to be firmly attached. Once we get ours back from the shop, I am going to check to see if there is somewhere else I can fasten it down.