Awnings on Slide outs

fvanassen

Does anyone have experience or opinions about mounting an awning on a slide out? Not slide toppers but actual full sized awnings. I have seen several rigs with awnings on their curb side slides to extend the shade available. I am curious about whether that is a good practice or not. It seems the current owners love them but that does not necessarily mean that they are good for the rig. Thanks very Much

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
We had our dealer install one on our Landmark and we love it. We checked with with Heartland and they said that there would be no problems. We have had it on ours for 3 seasons with no problems. Only wish both our awnings were electric.You will see ours in my signature.

ct0218

I put mine on a couple of weeks after Terry did his. They are nice, shade the windows, and easy to install.

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
Thought about an awning for our slide but a local dealer basicly talked us out of it because the wind can tear them up. Where we live and travel i'm afraid they will get damaged and or torn off.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
We love ours and had it added last year at the Perry Ga, Good Sam Rally. We usually put ours out but if the winds will be high (25mph or higher) we do not put out any awnings. Sounds to me like the dealer didn't want to install one. We would do it again in a heartbeat. It really helps keeps the RV cool.