Rebate on Goodyear G614

NWTFHunter

Past Missouri Chapter Leaders
I am getting ready to have a set of Goodyear 614's put on my 3055 next week and was doing some reading on the Goodyear web site and found some rebate info. You can print out a mail-in rebate and get $25 back for each G614 purchased between May 1 - July 31, 2009. The tire dealer did not mention anything about this so it may be an online only offer. Hope it helps out.

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
Thanks both Michaels, I am buying a set of Goodyear 614's next week before our big summer trip and love the savings. One question? Do you buy 5 at the same time, one for the spare, or leave the E rated Chinese Mission Tire as my spare and only buy 4? Besides steel stems, what is the best weight system for the balancing? Clip ons, tape weights or Dynabeads? I have aluminum rims.

jbeletti

Larry,

Lot of personal preference here but I would:

- Buy 5 tires if my budget allowed
- Use tape on weights on the backside

My $.02

Jim

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
When I bought new tires I bought all 5 so I would have a matched set. Also if and when a flat occured I could put the spare on and not have to worry about changing the spare later. I noticed you mentioned you we getting a G rated tire and were considering leaving your E rated spare. You need to have all tires including the spare be the same weight carrying rating. Be sure your rims are capable of handling a G tire as a G tire needs a higher inflation.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
This opens up a new question. I haven't looked at my spare "white" wheel for a load capacity. I opted for the cheap version and only replace the 4 tires on the ground with the G614's. I suppose I need to add another tire to the wish list. Has anyone looked at thier spare wheel for a capacity stamp? My spare is frontside down so I'll have to lower it to be able to see the ratings.

jmgratz

Mine came with G rated tires and the spare was a steel G rated rim. I bought a rim like the other 4 so if I did change tires and put the spare on it matched the others.

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
Jim,
Thanks for the comment. As I have said previously, my rig came with E rated Mission tires on 16 inch aluminum rims but upon further inspection, saw on the inside of the rims a big G and 3750 lbs. so I after much thought I am buying the G rated 614's this week before a 51 day summer trip. I am assuming that my spare white rim has the same capacity as my tires on 6,000 lbs axles. I will find out during the mounting process. I am inclined to buy the 5th tire for the spare if it has the capacity for the G rated tires like the others as Ray questioned. If not, I will just leave the same E rated one on for emergencies. Now the question will be how much PSI should I put in the 4 mounted tires G tires? The max is 110 lbs. but here is my weight distribution as of last year. Any of you math wizzes are welcome to chime in.
Without rig:
steer axle: 4840 lb
drive axle: 3700 lb
trailer axle: 0
gross weight: 8540 lb

With rig hitched up:
steer axle: 4760 lbs
drive axle: 6440 lbs
trailer axle: 10,680 lbs
gross weight: 21,880 lbs.

I might add that that my wife was in the truck when weighed without rig. Forrest was standing in front of my front bumper and DW was not in truck when all weighed together. My big question is what PSI do I run the 614's? I am guessing around 95-100. Anyone got a clue? Don't want to trust the tire guy who is mounting them. Lastly, would anyone tell me my pin cushion weight is (I think 2740 lbs) as I know its not too heavy but was curious in case I need to change some weight distribution? And what would be the ideal pin cushion weight? For added info my Ford tires are 18"

jnbhobe

Larry; What does the door sticker on the truck say the Rear GAWR weight is ? And what is the size and max capacity of your tires. And your pin weight is 2740 lbs. Jon :confused:

jmgratz

I know there is a chart out there that tells how much inflation to use depending on your tires weight. That said, I just attended a seminar on tire safety at the Escapade. The speaker was a tire engineer with Goodyear for 37 years. When he was asked about inflation he said he will always us the maximum inflation, i.e. 110 pounds on a G rated tire. He said he does this because even though you get weighed RVers tend to load up their RV as they travel and 95 percent end up overloaded. He also said those door stickers are designed for best ride not actual conditions. Me personally, I always use max inflation.

jnbhobe

Jim; I couldn't agree more. I always run max preasure.If I am close to max load I may add 5 lbs to the maximum. Jon ;) ;)

wfwilson

Founding Canadian Region Director - Retired
Replacement Tires

Getting ready for Goshen on the weekend when I checked My Chinese tires I found two out of four with bulges. Hope I can get them replaced quickly or I will miss the rally in Goshen. Going with Goodyear 614RST if I can find them locally as I do not want to drive to Goshen with these tires on. Extra money that should not have to be spent as the trailer only has 12,000 miles on it. Thank God I found them at home!
Regards
Wayne