Shurflo smart sensor 5.7

Peteandsharon

Hey guys,

I got a chance to open up the area around the water pump in my 2008 BH 3055. The pump itself is kinda buried in all the water hoses etc. so I had a hard time trying to figure out which pump comes standard with this unit. Does anyone know? I had the Shurflo smart sensor 5.7 installed in a previous unit and I am thinking about upgrading the current pump for that one. Anyone currently having that pump in their Bighorn have an opinion for or against. I couldn't imagine that there would be any problems handling the extra water pressure but I wanted to make sure with anyone who's done it already.

Thanks,

Pete

Mariposa

pump?

Pete
I did the same thing in my 3400. Biggest problem, when dry camping, is the bigger pump goes through water faster. That means Shorter showers.
I also move the pump to a better location. Easy to get to.
Bob

Peteandsharon

Thanks Bob. I was thinking the exact same thing. Current one is right behind the docking station and next to the hot water heater. So there are all the hoses coming back and forth from those two things as well as two heating ducts that pass right over the pump. I couldn't even get close enough to the pump to read the model number without pushing that rats nest out of the way. If I do end up changing it out I'll move it out from under that mess.

enthuz

Pete
I did the same thing in my 3400. Biggest problem, when dry camping, is the bigger pump goes through water faster. That means Shorter showers.
I also move the pump to a better location. Easy to get to.
Bob

Curious if an oxygen shower head would lower water flow without the feel of a low flow head? Or would that add too much pressure with the combination of the Shurflo?