Stool Room Vent

Two Hands

The plastic vent dome has disintegrated on one side. Can I just replace the crank up vent or do I also have to replace the 12 volt fan and motor? Looking at it from inside it looks like the vent an fan are all one unit. And when I say I, what I mean is Camping World.

SmokeyBare

You can buy a Plastic Vent cover Only... just check the type of hinge it has... to match it up to the new one.

Marv

Two Hands

Thank you for the information. I'll get on the roof and see if it might be something I could actually do myself.

SmokeyBare

It's doable...

You need to remove the screws that hold the Lift Handle from the frame of the Vent. That will allow you to then slide the Lift handle bar to the location where it can be detached from the slide bracket of the Lid.

Once the lid is detached from the handle... go up top to see what you might need to do... for removal... look at the ends of the channel of the hinge... looking to see if there is a screw or if the end of the channel is bent down to prevent the lid from sliding out... what ever method they use these days... you should be able to slide the lid out of the main vent frame.

Might want to take something up with you to cover the open vent... while you go shopping.

Good Luck !

Marv

phranc

perhaps , think about replacing old fan with a new Fantastic Fan , they have some nice ones with remote control.

B. Lee

Firecapt422
I just had to replace mine last fall. It took about 30 minutes. Take your plastic vent with you so you get the correct replacement and if you have a tall enough ladder you can replace the lid with out climbing up on the roof.