Landmark A/C

ChopperBill

Seems to be a problem with the Bighorns not blowing air out of the duct work. Dont see this problem with the Landmarks. Anyone?

BigBlue

BigBlue
We have air coming out of our vents. When it's really hot like 102, the AC can keep about a 10 degree differential at the most, ie outside 102, inside 92.

rayw796

Folsom hot

I have one A/C and it is hot here, about 104. I have a fan blowing where the A/C blasts down, to try and distribute better than the ducts seem to do. Don't know if it helps or not yet.

Has anyone had an issue with the thermostat not turning the A/C off? As I said it has been hot here, but yesterday it started cooling off and around midnight it was well below 70 degrees in my coach. I had the A/C set for 80 and it was still blowing until I manually turned it off.

Cheryl

We had difficulty with ours the first year out, until a phone call to Scott. He told me to make sure the remote is in the "I Feel" mode and that it is pointed at the air conditioner. It needs to have a clear path to be able to "comunicate" with it.
Keep in mind at temps over 100, it will never really cool the unit completely. We finally got a 2nd in the bedroom - big difference!
If you read this thread:
//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php?t=1069&highlight=vent+mod
You'll find a modification Timk did that a lot of people did to help with the air flow.

rayw796

Thanks

Thanks for the idea, Cheryl. I do not have a remote for A/C so perhaps that is part of the problem. I will check with dealer on that. I like the adjustments to the plenum, I can see that helping to push air out the ducts.

Cheryl

Do you have a Landmark? I just assumed you did, since this is posted under Lanmark. As far as I know, all the Landmarks are supposed to have a remote for the air conditioner/heater. I don't think the other models do.
If you do a lot of traveling in the summer, you might want to seriously consider getting that second air conditioner. We did after 2 summers without, it makes quite a big difference. Just spent a week at Myrtle Beach and we were very comfortable. Last year, we used a fan in the bedroom blowing right on us at night - helped with sleeping.

K

Ken Washington

Cheryl,
Was that you at Myrtle Beach Travel Park the week before the 4th. of July? I saw your trailer and truck and rode by several times but nobody was there! Would have loved to meet you and Nelson but we came in on Friday and you left on Sunday.

Ken

Cheryl

Yes it was, if there was a white truck in front and a red Dakota beside it. (my sons - they left early Saturday). We were in the farthest row from the pool area, 10 sites from the beach. Where were you staying? We didn't see any other Heartland products. We all need to print out those business cards from the template Jim made to leave when we see other "Heartlanders".

We spent the mornings and most of the day (until 2 or 3) on the beach. Then out to dinner and entertainment for a few hours. Most evenings, we were sitting outside the trailer just talking. My son and his fiance' wanted to see all the touristy stuff.

We had to be up and out very early Sunday to make it home. It's about a 12 hour drive - depending on traffic.

Sorry we missed you. Maybe next year at the Rally. We're hoping to be able to attend, but if not that one then for sure 2009, when it's back in Indiana.

jpmorgan37

Landmark dropped the remote control for the A/C by the time we got ours in Feb 06. From what I heard, people were having too much trouble getting them to work properly. We just have the wall mounted thermostat in our Grand Canyon and it works great. And Cheryl is correct, if you spend any time in real hot weather, get the second A/C. If it is factory installed, it also will have a wall mounted thermostat.

John

morganm12

George
rayw796
I was having a problem with my a/c not shutting down. I do have a remote control. The main unit was not cooling very well. It would cool maybe 5 or 6 degrees below outside temperture and late at night when the temp was real cool and 68 in the trailer with thermostat set at 75 the a/c just kept running. I would have to turn it off maually. I was ready to take it to the shop for repairs. I decided to push the reset button located inside the little door on the remote and I also pulled the DC fuse and kept it out for 150 sec per the instruction. Pluggged the fuse back in, reset the clock on the remote, pushed the power button and presto the a/c works better than it ever did. I also relocated the remote control caddy to a spot almost directly under the receiver on the bottom of the a/c. I do have a Landmark GC 05.