Only Able to Access 2/3 of Fresh Water Tank

I have a 2008 3300SK. When we dry camp, only about 2/3 of the fresh water tank will flow until the pump begins to suck air. When I pull the bottom insulation away enough to see the fresh water tank, it appears that the tank outlet hose (that travels up to the pump) is mounted about 1/3 of the way up the side of the tank. This hose is also "T'ed" with the drain valve which leaves 1/3 of the tank undrained when left on level ground.

My question is this: Does this fresh water outlet hose connection (that is mounted 1/3 of the way up the side of the tank) have an internal hose that would pull from the bottom of the tank?

Any suggestions in terms of blind fittings that might be used to pull from the bottom of the tank? Thanks!

Bram

Did you ever find a solution to your problem? I just brought home a 2010 2900MK and have the same problem. It makes sense that there should be a pick up tube on the inside of the tank to get down into the "sag". Mine will stop pumping with 1/3 still showing on the guage and the water actually at the 1/3 sensor.

The answer turned out to be the vent hose (top of tank running to atmosphere next to large fresh water filler tube) was switched with the water outlet tube (bottom of tank to the water pump). Clueless why any water ever came out of the tank.

Last dry camping experience tank ran down to "E". Now happy!

k6fn

K6FN
1/3 water left and pump sucks air

im having the same problem with my 3100 RL.. the gauge shows 1/3 tank full but pump sucks air.. my hoses may be reversed also.. how do you get to the hoses to ensure proper connection ? thanks for the help... jerry:D

k6fn

K6FN
1/3 tank remains

I have the same problem of 1/3 of the fresh water remaining when the pump sucks air..
I tore into it after my last camp trip to ensure the vent and supply lines were not reversed and mine were not.. so since I cannot see the tanks or get to the hose outlets im stumped..
I did fine a small leak on my outside shower line that I fixed while i had it apart.
I hope someone has more insite for this problem..

Peteandsharon

I also had a similar experience this past week while on vacation in a state park. The gauge showed 1/3 full but the pump was sucking air. I opened up the fresh water drain tube and it sputtered and kicked out a few drops but basically acted like it really was empty. Leaving that drain tube lever open I then drove down about a quarter mile to the dump site. By the time I got to the dump site it was flowing freely out of the drain tube and drained the full time that I was dumping and flushing my tank. Probably drained 20+ gallons which by my math is close to the 1/3 of the tank. So, it seems that I really had about 1/3 tank but neither the pump nor the drain hose seemed to have access to it at first. Verrrrrry strange.